Triangle Associates is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager for its Seattle office.
Position Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports To: Co-President
Designation: Full Time
Start Date: September 1st, 2018 or when filled
Salary Range: $50,000-$70,000 DOE. Triangle offers a competitive benefits package with salary commensurate with experience.
Triangle Associates, Inc. is a women-owned small business located in downtown Seattle with satellite offices in Portland, Oregon and Helena, Montana. Founded in 1979, Triangle provides facilitation, mediation, education, public involvement, strategic planning, and other services to government entities, schools and non-governmental organizations on a variety of natural resources, built environment and conservation topics. Our work is rooted in the belief that good information, genuine dialogue, and participatory problem-solving among diverse interests and people are the foundations of a healthy democracy and sustainable planet. Please visit
http://www.triangleassociates.com for more information about our two lines of business with a solid track record spanning almost 40 years.
Triangle is seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Manager with experience in professional services consulting under government contracts to lead a wide range of brand management, client relations, writing and materials development, and internal and external communications needs. This position will work with the facilitation/public involvement team and the education team and will serve as a member of the administrative team.
We want someone with a wide range of marketing skills and a demonstrated track record of success, but we ultimately seek the right combination of experience and ability to learn-as-you-go. Highly desirable candidates will demonstrate:
- Minimum BA/BS degree from a four-year accredited university. Experience may substitute for education requirement.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a service industry consulting firm such as an Architectural, Planning, Engineering, or Construction firm, or other professional services industry employer (understanding of conflict resolution, education, and facilitation services highly valued).
- Experience working with state and federal purchasing and procurement offices to secure government contracts.
- Experience developing social media strategies as well as website and social media content.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (clarity of purpose, motivated, relentless execution) associated with business development and client relations.
- Advanced business-writing skills including mastery of grammar, composition, and persuasive communication. This includes excellent technical writing and editing skills, with the ability to write specific industry-focused content.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator), Microsoft Office, and project management systems.
- Experience managing and delegating marketing tasks to others, as necessary, to ensure marketing projects are completed efficiently and effectively and deadlines are met.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and methods, a detail-oriented approach, good problem-solving skills, and proficiency in managing competing priorities.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for marketing inquiries and serves as an information resource to all Triangle staff about marketing protocols and best practices.
- Maintains reporting and compliance activities for all Triangle rosters, master contracts, and on-call contracts. Responsible for tracking rosters and agency procurement websites for potential RFPs and RFQs of interest.
- Facilitates team decision-making on proposal opportunities and leads the development and submission of proposals.
- Builds and manages proposal consultant teams with Triangle team members and sub-consultants.
- Maintains and cultivates strong, positive marketing relationships with partner firms and past and current Triangle clients.
- Leads development of annual marketing goals, tracking and reporting of marketing results, and tracking of booked-work and trends across sectors.
- Plans and oversees the facilitation/public involvement team’s weekly marketing “check-ins” and monthly meetings, and develops a weekly internal marketing report.
- Represents Triangle at marketing and networking events and develops marketing materials for these events.
- Annually updates Triangle’s federal System for Award Management (SAM) registration and other online local, state, or federal registrations as required.
- Leads a “Triangle Marketing 101” session for new employees.
- Responsible for supporting company leadership in maintaining Triangle’s strong brand built over 40 years. Thinks critically, creatively, and strategically on ways to effectively communicate Triangle’s mission, vision, values and experience.
- Leads the development of timely website and social media content, and material for Triangle’s quarterly newsletter, and other platforms as needed.
- Leads and facilitates Triangle’s Communications Committee made up of representatives of all Triangle teams to develop and maintain systems to support consistency for internal and external communications.
- Oversees staff and sub-contractor activities which may include:
- Assistance with marketing materials, graphics, and website content.
- Ongoing updates to Triangle’s project database and project management software.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jessica Graham, Human Resources Manager. Please include the position title in the subject line. Cover letters should highlight how your previous work experience and capabilities directly support the job responsibilities and your success at Triangle. In the cover letter please also state where you learned about the position.
Triangle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year