Morris Packaging Minnesota is currently seeking a full-time Plate Mounter for Flexographic Press - Night Shift 6pm - 6am and Day Shift 6am-6pm.
We are a friendly, fast paced privately held company, in a clean, climate controlled environment. The following background and experience are desirable. However, we will work with and train the right candidate.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Day-to-day responsibilities
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of plates
- Ensuring that plates are available and accessible for all areas of production
- Responsible to mounting plates for upcoming jobs
- Performing various plant support activities as needed for production.
- Plate cleaning
- Filing/storage ensuring the integrity of the plates and filing system.
- Pull plates daily as required to meet production schedule.
- Prompt mounting and positioning of plates
- Ensuring that multiple plates are aligned correctly to minimize re-mounts due to misalignment.
- Maintaining a clean work area.
- Perform plant support activities
- Assist other departments when needed.
- Participate in quality and continuous improvement.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards*
- Ability to read and write English**
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures**
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment**
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance**
- Ability to lead and train staff**
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork**
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers**
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects**
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic**
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel*
This position may require significant work hours beyond the normal workday based on the demands of the business cycle, customer volume of business. It has a moderate to high demand for tight deadlines. This position will experience moderate interruption in workflow, starting and stopping for product changeovers.
This position requires:
- Continuous (6 to 10 hours per day) bending, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, reaching, lifting and grasping.
- Continuous (6 to 10 hours per day) standing and walking.
- Continuous (6 or more hours per day) talking, teaching, and repetitive motion, hand/wrist movement.
- Sensory requirements: Good eyesight, normal hearing, and fluent in the English language.Working Conditions:
- Indoors climate controlled.
- Moving and lifting objects, sometimes 50 lbs. frequently.
Minimum Job Requirements: High school diploma or GED and at least 2 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 to $16.75 /hour