Are you looking to apply your expert level advanced analytics skills to make a lasting, global impact in healthcare? Do you meticulously keep up with the fast-paced world of technology and AI, and are looking for your opportunity to lead the next big breakthrough? Can you imagine immersing yourself into a highly collaborative, energetic environment working on robotic surgery, patient-level sensor or electronic medical records data to revolutionize the way we make decisions in healthcare and execute procedures?
If this sounds like you, then you just might be the perfect candidate to join the Data Sciences and Advanced Analytics R&D Technology team at Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices!
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices R&D Technology is recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist, Data Sciences and Advanced Analytics, R&D Technology to be located in Somerville, NJ, with consideration for West Chester, PA and Raynham, MA. This position may require up to 10% travel.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The global Medical Devices R&D Technology Group is seeking an outstanding Senior Data Scientist to work on high-profile R&D projects and deliver innovative technology solutions to advance medical device product development and transform global health. The role requires both in-depth and hands-on knowledge of existing advanced analytics practices and approaches, including Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning, as well as the creativity to discuss innovation opportunities with business partners and shape cutting edge applications and proposals across the Medical Devices businesses.
The Senior Data Scientist will:
- Directly participate in the delivery of data-driven research projects that have a direct impact on insights generation, product design, and business results for Medical Devices globally.
- Independently hypothesize, design and execute projects or analyses with hands-on involvement.
- Routinely work with complex, high-dimensional data and integrates and analyzes data sets using high performance computing and advanced algorithms as required.
- Lead projects as the analytical lead and actively contribute to highly visible, complex projects, programs or solutions that are critical to Medical Devices.
- Work closely with colleagues to keep up-to-date with the latest approaches and advances in data science and evaluate vendor tools and external data sets as required.
- Manage relationships with partners across the various functions of the enterprise.
- Mentor junior team members.
- M.D. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Vision, Data Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology, or a related discipline is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of combined industrial/postdoctoral experience is required.
- Familiarity with large or complex datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques such as random forest, clustering, neural networks and/or deep learning is required.
- Proficiency with one or more programming languages such as Python, R, Java, Scala, or similar is required.
- Familiarity with cloud computing is required.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing or text analytics methods is a plus.
- Experience with advanced technologies such as Robotics, IoT, AR, VR is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are required.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-US Route 22 West
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
Ethicon Inc. (6045)