Implement, communicate, and maintain a risk assurance program designed to identify and mitigate risk, and to protect the people, assets, and cash flow of the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in managing Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance program, which may include entity-level controls, IT general controls, IT application controls, anti-fraud programs, and/or plant and corporate level controls.
- Develop external focus by subscribing to updates and keeping up to date with guidance from oversight boards such as the PCAOB, professional organizations, market trends, and current or newly enacted legislation.
- Consult with internal customers regarding leading practices in addressing the PCAOB's AS 5 guidance.
- Manage third party co-sourcing relationships to ensure high quality and consistent deliverables while managing costs.
- Liaise with Jabil's external auditors regarding scheduling, resource allocation, cost analysis, and issues.
- Assist in the development of ongoing risk assessments utilizing appropriate frameworks (e.g., CobIT, COSO) and leading risk assessment practices.
- Assist in developing the risk-based audit plan and individual project scoping.
- Manage all aspects of planning, scoping, staffing, and executing audit projects, and reporting the related results to senior management and the audit committee.
- Manage administrative tasks in TeamMate to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and comply with the highest level of quality assurance standards.
- Design and/or review audit programs prepared by the audit team.
- Ensure issues are properly identified, audit recommendations are practical and add value, the client concurs with findings, and the execution of management action plans is monitored.
- Ensure audit reports comply with departmental requirements and quality standards and clearly communicate observations and recommendations.
- Assist with compiling the quarterly Audit Committee reports.
- Train and educate functional management in business risk concepts and offer suggestion to help address such risks.
- Recommend and provide guidance and oversight in the implementation of company-wide continuous monitoring tools.
- Maintain active relationships with CPA, CA, ACCA, ISACA, IIA and local chapter professional organizations and universities
- Facilitate knowledge transfer regarding emerging issues, technologies, and areas of interest.
- Maintain CPEs, training requirements, and be a leading expert in enterprise risk assessment and management.
- Develop department's staff and methodologies into a world-class Risk & Assurance services function.
- Conduct special projects at the request of management, the Audit Committee and/or the Board of Directors.
- Address conflict directly and constructively, focusing on issues rather than people or departmental bias.
- Provide appropriate development, training, guidance, and management around planning, fieldwork, wrap-up, and reporting.
- Effectively manage the execution of the audit plan, compliance with Risk & Assurance and professional standards, and delivery of high quality audit reports and management recommendations while supervising multiple teams on a regional basis.
- Examine current manual processes and identify ways to automate them to gain audit efficiencies and perform detailed and robust audits.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately
- Being able to plan and organize several audits at the same time.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other equivalent required. Masters Degree preferred.
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CISA, and/or CIA certification.
- 6-8 years experience in auditing for a large corporation required. Experience working with a global corporation preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training.
- Experience managing and developing team is a plus
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.