The electric vehicle revolution continues. Our client is a very well funded start up looking to go through an Initial Public Offering (IPO) in the next few years.
They are looking for someone that can come in and get the company ready for a potential IPO. Accounting operations, internal controls (SOX compliance), revenue recognition, etc, all have to be established. There is a high level of autonomy with this role and will have access to our executive management team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all accounting functions.
- Monitor, report on and project monthly cash flows
- Work collaboratively with other departments within the company to drive the timely completion of financial statement audits
- Assist with development of accounting processes, accounting system configurations and testing of new functionalities
- Research accounting principles and prepare technical memos to document the company’s position and policies
- Develop policies, practices and procedures in assigned areas, to ensure GAAP compliance and strong internal controls.
- Develop and maintain periodic management reporting packages and analyze the fluctuations
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures within areas of responsibility
- Develop month-end close process and assure adherence to the established timelines
- Analyze business operations and data and collaborate with other departments, such as operations and procurement, to identify actionable process improvements.
- Audit and assurance experience from a Big 4 (PWC, EY, KPMG, Deloitte) is required
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of relevant experience,
- Strong background in SOX internal controls required
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Thorough knowledge of standard accounting processes
- Familiarity with financial statements presentation
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Highly analytical with an entrepreneurial spirit
- CPA a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $101,000.00 - $131,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19