Tier I Help Desk
Metro Systems Inc. is currently seeking a Help Desk Technician to support a Government customer in Washington, D.C.
- Provide phone, email, and help-desk support for local and off-site users.
- Manage and monitor problem ticket treads. Analyze incidents and determine level of support required. Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Maintain a database utilizing the ticketing system of all telephone calls and messages received requesting customer assistance.
- Maintain and monitor all incidents records within the ticketing system and provide assistance in their resolution when reviewing incident records.
- Provide feedback on issues for the team’s knowledge database.
- Document customer requests in call tracking system and record the action(s) taken and follow up on deferred actions.
- Recite a supplied greeting when they pick up the phone.
- Keep customers informed of progress and status of calls/tickets.
- Interact with customers and co-workers to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, resolve, track, escalate and accurately document various technical problems.
- Incidents will be resolved on first contact when possible using the supported remote desktop control application as appropriate.
- Resolve all customer calls/issues within 20 minutes timeframe or escalate the call or ticket to the appropriate queue/group for resolution (Tier 1, Tier 2, Account Administration, Mobile Support, Asset Management, Training Team, and Audio Visual Support).
- Respond to and diagnose problems through discussions with users; Includes problem recognition, research, isolation, and resolution steps.
- Provide assistance and participate on new project(s) testing and deployment/delivery.
- Follow prescribed guidelines and official Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure all staff respond to customers in a friendly and professional manner
- Ensure that all responses given are technically accurate
- Document, update and close tickets according to the SLAs.
- S in Information Technology or closely related field, desired but not required.
- Minimum 1 year Help Desk experience
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, mobile devices, operating systems and network related technologies
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite of software products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Exchange, Active Directory and mobile devices (Android)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, phone etiquette, keyboarding skills, data entry skills, people skills, customer focused and service oriented, attentive to details, act with professionalism, able to multi-task.
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or CompTIA A+ or Network+
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract