GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Digital Media Specialist performs digital marketing and communications work via websites and social media using various tools, including content management systems, social media management platforms, analytics tools, and workflow project management platform. The incumbent assists with the development of digital strategies, including search engine optimization (SEO), website updates, various digital initiatives in the business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) markets, collaborating with stakeholders to deliver high quality internal and external communications that meet brand and regulatory standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Updates multiple company websites using content management systems in a deadline-driven environment based on content and marketing calendars.
- Researches and implements SEO and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to build brand awareness, improve user experience and optimize current and new content.
- Utilizes analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to measure, analyze and provide reports based on data.
- Helps manage social media workflow, including content creation and review process, and monitor user engagement according to company policies and procedures.
- Writes clear, concise, results-oriented copy for a variety of communications mediums.
- Monitors the latest digital marketing trends, including advertising formats, channels, and technologies to improve performance and provide recommendations.
- Utilizes paid and sponsored content on social media and GoogleAds to boost and promote content.
- Proofreads and checks content quality with a focus on accuracy, compliance, and attention to detail.
- Collaborates with various departments, including Communications, IT, Compliance, Marketing, and others to ensure digital efforts meet overall objectives.
- Assists with Communications department projects as needed.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
None required for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, journalism, or related field; plus two (2) years of related experience in digital marketing strategies; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Prior digital marketing experience using social media preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
None required for this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of content management systems, social media platforms, and Google Analytics with ability to learn new platforms and systems.
- Excellent communication and writing skills for a variety of content needs with high attention to detail.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Effective management of multiple projects at varying stages.
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Exceptional internal and external customer service orientation.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to quickly identify and understand changes that are made and how to convey them to the next person seeing the project.
This description covers the major purpose and essential functions of the job. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each task is to be performed. Employees may receive other job related instructions and be required to perform other job related work requested by their manager. All requirements are subject to possible modification to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.