Miranova, a luxury high-rise condominium tower, is seeking a flexible and conscientious full-time (40 hours a week) maintenance technician to service the common area.
- High school diploma or equivalent; minimum of two years verifiably hands on maintenance experience, including basic HVAC and electrical skills
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in the maintenance field.
- Requires climbing ladders and lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to communicate and/or interact well with residents, guests, co-workers and members of the general public.
- Ability to respond quickly to problems; ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft software preferred. Knowledge of office equipment; phone, fax and copier.
- Ability to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to perform and/or prioritize several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to make sound decisions in order to protect the asset.
Assists with preventive maintenance program to maintain property equipment in proper working condition. This includes, but is not limited to, daily walk through inspections of the building and maintenance of these areas as needed, escorting contractors for tasks to be completed in reference to these preventative maintenance duties (i.e. pest control, window cleaners, Fire & Life Safety inspections), cleaning & maintaining of common area property (i.e. trash rooms, garage, etc.) Also responsible for unscheduled items that may come up during the work day (i.e. water emergencies, fire alarms, etc.) Works a schedule as directed by Building Engineer to maintain a safe and error-free condition of company property in order to achieve the best working conditions possible.
- Light plumbing
- Minor electrical (Light bulbs, ballast, light switch and outlet replacements)
- Drywall patching
- Walks building on a daily basis to identify possible maintenance issues. Trouble shoot day-to-day operations, i.e. water leaks, smells, plumbing issues etc.
- Inspect garage.
- Attends to trash & recycling each day.
- Inspects fire signs to make sure they are in place and properly lit.
- Check and change air filters in common area HVAC equipment as needed
- Change homeowner air filters as assigned
- Assists in maintaining and repairing common elements
- Clean and maintain mechanical rooms
- Check and monitor BAS
- Works closely with Building Engineer to perform Preventative Maintenance elements
- Put up and take down elevator pads as scheduled
- Assists with identification of problems within homeowner units (i.e. source of leaks, etc.)
- Escorts scheduled vendors on occasion (i.e. HVAC preventative maintenance, pest control)
- Performs authorized requests for common element maintenance
- Escorts window cleaners as assigned
- Assist in power washing of garage floors
- Report anything “out of ordinary”
- Covers duties of Building Engineer when he/she is off
- Utilizes Building link software to perform daily work orders
- Maintains pool chemicals and cleaning during season
- All other duties as assigned
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Vacation, personal and holiday pay
- Bonus Potential
- Uniform and parking provided
- Positive working environment
Miranova offers a competitive compensation package in an exceptional Downtown location. Miranova is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 /hour
- Maintenance Technician: 1 year (Required)