RN Nurse Manager
Meridian Behavioral Health LLC is a leader in behavioral health care and addiction recovery services, with a network of addiction treatment centers and acute psychiatric hospitals nationwide. Our 68-bed, men's residential facility, Oakridge is looking for a Nurse Manager to provide leadership & consultation to all nursing staff and ensure the highest quality of nursing services to clients. This is no small job and we're looking for someone with excellent organizational and execution skills to manage our team of LPNs and Medication Aides.
- Adhere to all policies & procedures while performing duties.
- Monitor and assure the facilities’ compliance, applicable standards, regulations and laws; assists in assuring that all State and Federal requirements are met; plans, organizes and directs facility functions and activities to achieve objectives and comply with regulatory requirements. Prepares reports, maintains records, compiles statistics, etc. as required.
- Supervise all nursing personnel.
- Delegate daily work assignments as pertains to nursing personnel.
- In conjunction with Program Director, assure that nursing services are available and are consistent with overall client care, staffing ratios and program policies and procedures.
- Maintain clinical competencies of nursing staff, including training and signing off of all TMAs.
- In conjunction with the Program Director and MBH Human Resources, recruit, train and retain qualified nursing personnel.
- Provide on-call availability to shift nursing personnel for questions and/or emergencies. Any additional shift coverage by Nurse Manager must be pre-approved by the VP/GM of Residential Program.
- Provide on-call availability for intake personnel when appropriate and respond in a timely manner with admission confirmation.
- Communicate with Medical Director and other medical health professions to integrate services in accordance with facility policies and procedures and client care plans.
- Enforce facility policies with authority to issue corrective action as needed.
- Make frequent rounds to ensure nursing personnel are performing their assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Review care plans weekly to ensure that appropriate care is being given.
- Follow all controlled drug policies & procedures as required.
- Oversee the medication disposal.
- The Nurse Manager may admit, transfer, or discharge clients per facility policies and procedures.
- Must have an RN license.
- 2 yrs experience in a managerial position and
- Minimum 1 yr experience in a chemical dependency facility preferred
- 2-3 years related experience required, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- CPR and first aid certified.
- A minimum of two years continuous freedom from chemical use problems.
- 20 days of paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Passionate co-workers
- A job with a sense of purpose as you help people on their path to recovery
We owe our success to the passion, commitment and expertise of our staff. Our licensed and experienced staff takes the role of coach/teacher, providing support and encouragement from the heart. Come join us and see the difference you’ll make!
Meridian Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.