General Job Description / Responsibilities
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to build a team of highly motivated, skilled, organized and productive individuals who work well together and represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Provide first-class customer service to prospects and residents. Ensure that all requests are handled promptly and professionally.
- Consistently maintain professional quality of workmanship, communication, personal appearance, organization, and reporting.
- Assist office staff in maintaining occupancy at or above 99% and collections at or above 99% of potential income.
- Help manager achieve the highest possible net operating income (NOI) through the implementation of effective cost control; revenue improvement efforts (focusing on resident bill-backs, and other income items); and effective budget management
- Ensure that property is clean, maintained, and safe for residents, prospects, employees, and visitors at all times including offices, common areas, stairwells, exteriors, basements, grounds, exteriors, etc.
- Identify and react to potential situations which would cause liability to the property or management company.
- Analyze physical state of properties and identify and implement ways to improve the curb appeal, with approval from Manager.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to conduct analysis of expenses on a regular basis to determine items and methods for expense cutting
- Strive at all times to maintain good work ethics, and good company morale.
- Complete all work orders in a timely, professional and courteous manner, and clean up thoroughly before leaving the unit, or at the end of each work session.
- When completing work orders ensure all work that is caused by a resident’s act or neglect is properly billed back to resident. Collect proof, pictures, and documentation as needed.
- Work with leasing office on scheduling service requests and other maintenance work to maximize resident satisfaction.
- Whenever possible, execute work and repairs “in-house” and find other ways to reduce the property’s expenses.
- Ensure maintenance vehicles and equipment are kept clean and maintained properly, to maximize lifespan.
- Ensure that all equipment and machinery is kept in good condition. This includes but is not limited to: domestic hot water heaters, boilers, and furnaces. air conditioning units and pumps, storage tanks. Conduct routine maintenance and inspections.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor with vendor bidding and management.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to ensure all necessary maintenance materials are on site as needed, organized, and inventoried. Plan ahead
- Keep organized and safe maintenance shop and storage areas at all times
- Perform and record quarterly inspections, complete work in timely manner and ensure proper resident bill-backs.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor to manage a successful turn by scheduling and management of all maintenance staff and vendors (in cooperation with the property manager) including cleaners, painters, grounds people, courtesy guards, etc.
- Participate in a prompt and effective snow removal program as needed to ensure safety and minimize liability.
- Work with city as needed to obtain proper permits and licenses.
- For the safety of the community, ensure all exterior lighting is functional and sufficient at all times, oversee inspections.
- Set and adhere to realistic project deadlines and update Manager of progress.
- Assist management in creation of projects plans and budgets as needed.
- Perform additional inspections as needed to collect and record data (IE: asset inventory, floor plan collection, etc)
- Follow all code, legal, OSHA, and compliance statutes.
- Maintain good resident relations and promptly inform property manager of any potential or existing problems. Communications with residents should be cordial and professional at all times.
- Assist in building positive relationships with neighbors, the community, the school, and city departments.
- Communicate needs, ideas, and problems effectively with Manager.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings as required; keep all necessary insurances and licenses up to date.
- Walk the properties daily to ensure that all physical aspects are at all times functional, safe, and maintained in an attractive condition to achieve maximum curb appeal.
- Assist Manager with other duties as needed, and fill in for staff when necessary.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)