Maintenance Lead Technician LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
Maintenance POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
Maintenance Supervisor LEADS OTHERS: Yes
YRS OF EXPERIENCE:
4+ years DATE CREATED: January 2019
Clif Bar was born on a bike. In 1990, Gary Erickson set off on a 175-mile bike ride. Exhausted and hungry, he realized he couldn’t take another bite of the energy bars he brought along. In that moment he now calls ‘the epiphany,’ he had the idea to make a better tasting energy bar.
Today, Gary and Kit, husband and wife team continue to lead Clif Bar’s innovative business model. Guided by Five Aspirations – Sustaining our People, our Business, our Brands, our Community and the Planet – Clif Bar is a family- and employee- owned company that loves food. We believe that food provides health, joy and energy to do the things we are passionate about. The food we create is good for people and the planet.
In 2016 Clif Bar began operating a commercial bakery in Indiana, Clif Bar Baking Company of Indianapolis. We believe that happy, healthy people create the best food and envision an innovative environment where our people can grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We strive to:
- Create a company culture that inspires and supports our people in and outside work.
- Sustain our people with competitive pay and benefits, holistic wellness offerings, and other innovative benefits.
- Hire the right people for the right positions and support them to grow in their current and future roles.
Working at Clif Bar Baking Company is a chance to make the highest quality bars at a different kind of bakery, with great people who are making great food to FEED YOUR ADVENTURE.
This is an exciting new step for Clif Bar. Let it be an exciting new step for you too!
Clif Bar Baking Company is looking for a Maintenance Lead Technician to join our Bakery Team in Indianapolis, IN
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the “Clif Bar Ingredients” (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself).
This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates, who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Maintenance Lead Technician position is a front-line leadership role for the Maintenance Department.
The successful Maintenance Lead Technician at Clif Bar is an individual who puts the team and the team goals first, has a strong desire to grow and develop themselves and others, and focuses on a positive attitude and support.
The Maintenance Lead Technician provides industrial maintenance support to ensure the safe and effective operation of the production facility. This includes leading maintenance personnel on their daily tasks of the repair, preventive maintenance and training of safe operation of the production facility’s infrastructure & exterior.
The ideal candidate is a high energy person with strong desire to grow and build trusted partnerships and act as a champion for Clif Bar’s Aspiration of Sustaining Our People, while modeling the 5 Ingredients.
The responsibilities and expectations for this position are listed below.
- Ability to meet deadlines and successfully complete planned and unplanned maintenance tasks safely and effectively
- Provide constant feedback and input on the bakery maintenance strategy
- Quickly and effectively solve problems by balancing delegation with personal execution
- Provides feedback and direction on bakery training programs
- Ability to serve as a working leader to team of shift maintenance technicians which requires:
- Ability to lead multiple people on multiple tasks quickly and effectively
- A strong attitude of servant leadership towards maintenance and production teammates
- Ability to serve as the key technical expert for the facility as needed
- A strong attitude of customer service towards production, quality, and all other internal customers
- Considerable knowledge of food manufacturing processes and accompanying maintenance protocol
- Ability to coach employees to achieve established organizational goals
- Knowledge of and ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams and other maintenance troubleshooting guides
- Excellent listening, speaking, and writing skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with time, people, and equipment restraints in a professional manner
Position-Specific Skills Required
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a genuine Clif Bar ambassador, who exemplifies the Clif Bar culture in all candidate communications and interactions.
- Embody the Clif Bar Five Aspirations and Ingredients.
- Be flexible and available to interact and connect with people at all levels in the organization.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Demonstrate proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Display the ability to multi-task and be effective in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Be detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work closely with cross-functional teams.
Leadership Skills Required
- Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
Technical Expertise Required
- Possess vast knowledge and experience in process controls and instrumentation, included but not limited to:
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, programming ladder logic, P&IDs, PFDs, and other technical documentation
- Ability to safely and effectively use electrical troubleshooting devices
- Allen-Bradley Control Logix PLC's, VFD’s
- Industrial networking including Enet, ControlNet, Modbus, Data
- HMI’s: Wonderware and AB Panel view
- Servo and motion controls
- Process Instrumentation: RTD’s, Pressure transducers, Level Transmitters, etc.
- General Electronic Trouble Shooting Skills
- Possess proficient knowledge and experience in mechanical systems and maintenance processes, included but not limited to:
- Mechanical System Troubleshooting
- Mechanical Drive Systems
- Conveyance systems
- PD and Centrifugal pumps
- High speed rotating equipment
- Pneumatic conveying systems
- Welding and troubleshooting
- Preventative maintenance task creation and execution
- Use of CMMS systems
- Familiarity with Predictive Maintenance Processes
- Vibration Analysis
- Oil Analysis
- Thermal Imaging Analysis
- Preferred experience and knowledge with automated packaging and manufacturing equipment:
- Dough Mixing, Feeding and Extrusion
- Baking Ovens
- Horizontal wrapping machines
- Robotic Packaging systems
- Robotic palletizing
- Inkjet printers, case printers, print and apply pallet labelers
- Vision systems
- Barcode scanners
- Foreign Object Detection Systems
- Boilers, Air Compressors, Ammonia Compressors
- SQF, HACCP, and GMP experience strongly preferred
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS Outlook calendar and email management, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong Computerized Maintenance Management System skills.
- Minimum 4 yrs. experience in industrial maintenance, with strong ability to lead Maintenance Technicians in troubleshooting and maintaining a fully automated production facility.
- Electro-Mechanical or Industrial Electronics and Maintenance Technical degree preferred.
- Experience with high speed packaging machinery preferred.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of preventative/predictive maintenance procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of and strict adherence to safety & lock out tag out programs.
- Ability to address problem solving in a team setting
- Experience with hand & power tools.
- Weekend work or overtime may be required as determined by management.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment testing and background checks.
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work each day!
Pre-employment reference checks and drug-screening are required for certain positions.
Clif Bar Baking Company of Indianapolis is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.
To apply on-line or for additional information, please visit our website: www.clifbar.com/careers.