We are looking to fill the pre diem COTA position we have here at Sea Breeze Rehab and Nursing Center as soon as possible. Competitive salary!!
Helps occupational therapy clients by providing rehabilitative services under the direction of occupational therapists, to persons with mental, physical, emotional, or developmental impairments.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Duties:
- Verifies client information by interviewing client; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of treatment
- Assists the occupational therapist in evaluations of the level of function of the patient.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Helps develop the plan of treatment (revising as necessary).
- Advises and consults with the family and other agency personnel.
- Observes, records, and reports any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Educates the patient/family and agency personnel in use of equipment and home therapy programs.
- Assists with the rehabilitation of patients according to the plan of care.
- Participates in case conferences and in-services.
- Communicates effectively with all providing care.
- Ensures quality care.
- Confirms on a weekly basis the scheduling of visits with the occupational therapist to coordinate necessary visits with other personnel.
- The occupational therapy assistant is responsible for notifying the occupational therapist of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation or professional meetings that may affect service to the agency and the occupational therapist.
Graduate of an occupational therapy assistant program with curriculum approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association and the Council of Medical Education and Hospitals of the AMA
Preferably two years experience as an occupational therapy assistant
Licensed and/or registered by the state
Ability to work flexible hours to support state and federal resident care requirements
Ability to communicate through verbal and written mode, in English