Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner. Reviews, analyzes, and processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers. Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity; creates and maintains bills of material and parts/commodities numbers in supply chain management or other enterprise wide systems. Participates in maximizing the procurement teams' changes, part parameters; quote table maintenance, supplier database information, error report analysis, and part number/supplier code information. Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities (e.g., materials, components, equipment and services). Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to negotiate highest quality at best value. Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive. May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis or alternative sourcing. Interacts closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues. Works with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability. Requires domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
1. Identify, participate and implement continuous improvement activities to impact overall purchase areas quality, cost and delivery initiatives.
2. Maintain standard work documentation and other Lean procedures to ensure compliance.
3. Participate in the identification and implementation of root cause and corrective action ideas.
4. Secure quotes from qualified vendors of assigned materials to obtain most favorable prices and services to support manufacturing production plan.
5. Responsible for insuring the ongoing and uninterrupted flow of materials to support the needs of the factory at all times and under any conditions.
6. Keep abreast of current market trends and developments within area of responsibility to take advantage of all opportunities offered to improve quality of service. Report relevant market changes to management. Maintain a flow of information to departments on available goods and services as well as price and delivery trends. Obtain recommendations from suppliers for alternate sources when applicable.
7. Work with Purchasing Manager to develop and implement short and long-term purchase plans for materials and services in area of responsibility.
8. Work closely with affected departments (i.e. Operations, Material Planning, Quality Control, etc.) to ensure needed parts, suppliers and / or services are obtained to meet schedule requirements. Confirm available inventory items by verifying stock and scheduling delivery.
9. Engage in negotiations with vendors on pricing, delivery, service and quality as required and within limitations imposed by purchasing procedures.
10. Act as an authorized agent of the company with the responsibility to commit company resources through contracts and agreements for the procurement of goods and services.
11. Lead negotiation of pricing and contract terms and conditions in accordance with STERIS’ goals and initiatives.
12. Consult with Legal, Finance, Quality and Regulatory during negotiations to resolve supplier contractual issues.
13. Ensure compliance of company procedures and regulatory requirements.
14. Prepare Purchase Orders by verifying specifications and price. Work with requisitioners and / or varying departments to ensure understanding of product required prior to order placement. Distribute Purchase Orders to Suppliers; monitor item deliveries and expedite orders as needed.
15. Authorize payment for purchase; resolve any invoice errors with Accounts Payable. Reconcile Problem Packing Slips / Bills of Lading / Certificate of Conformance or Analysis and facilitates the return of rejected material. Work with Purchasing Manager to develop procedures to resolve trending errors thereby preventing reoccurrences.
16. Analyze suppliers for financial health and stability of the Company. Assist Quality department in assessing the supplier’s ability to meet STERIS quality requirements.
17. Support STERIS new product initiatives including coordinating supplier selection on new products and participate on new product development teams as required.
18. Initiate, evaluate and track supplier cost, quality and delivery improvement initiatives.
19. As needed, provide cost forecasts or reports to Financial Department and Supply Chain Manager for area of responsibility.
Education and Experience
1. A Bachelors Degree in Business or related field, is required.
2. A minimum of two years of progressive experience in the procurement field.
3. A Professional Certification (SPM or CPIM) is preferred.
1. Strong communication skills required.
2. Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Office). Direct hands on experience in an MRP system environment preferred.
3. Key competencies include: decision making, and negotiating skills. Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
4. Ability to work in a team environment. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives / welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team environment; establishes and maintains constructive working relationships; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Business Competencies cont'd
5. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
6. Adapts to changes in work environment; ability to deal with frequent change, delay, or unexpected events.
7. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments to reach goals; completes tasks on time.
8. Volunteers readily; seek increased responsibility; asks for and offers help when needed.
9. Ability to read and comprehend instructions. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
10. Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
STERIS plc is a $2B+, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.