Summary: Responsible for material and/or labor cost analyses and estimations for proposal efforts. May compile and prepare estimates under direction of senior personnel. Reviews manufacturing parts lists and drawing trees for accuracy. Prepares and maintains historical records to support price audits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews engineering plans, blueprints, and product specifications to determine material requirements in support of repair, fabrication, and/or modernization projects.
- Considers all specified references including applicable NAVSEA Standard Items in the formulation of estimates.
- Responsible for material and/or labor cost analyses and estimations for proposal efforts.
- Performs a wide variety of complex planning activities required to attain awarded projects and to meet production objectives
- Estimates or determines material costs via vendors or other references.
- Prepares cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Reviews material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Estimates the labor requirements by trade based on engineering plans and product specifications to determine material requirements in support of repair, fabrication, and/or modernization projects.
- Provides estimates in the format required by the contracts manager.
- Builds bill of materials (BOM).
- Receives and controls government drawings.
- One (1) to two (2) years' job experience.
- Must have working knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models to extract material requirements.
- SECRET level security clearance
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens
- Familiarity with US Navy ships/terminology
- Frequent sitting, standing, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms.
- Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
- Compensation based on experience
- Employee Benefits
Job Type: Full-time