EDUCATION SPECIALIST – COLLEGE & CAREER READY, SET, GO!
The mission of College & Career Ready, Set, Go! is to equip and empower middle school youth to graduate from high school and achieve success in education and employment after high school through hands-on activities, career-focused opportunities and family & community engagement.
The Education Specialist will build the quality and impact of this program by:
- Creating a post-secondary education and career readiness culture among middle school students and their families;
- Leveraging relationships with education, business, and community partners;
- Ensuring all students, mentors and parent coaches are provided with high quality opportunities, experiences and activities focused on helping students succeed in post-secondary education, ranging from two- or four-year colleges, apprenticeships, or certification programs, and to be successful in the workplace.
- Ensuring we meet outcomes required of us by our funders including Ohio Job and Family Services, Toledo Community Foundation and others.
Primary responsibilities include working as a team with the Program Manager to prepare materials for and facilitate hands-on, inquiry-based lesson plans in a school setting with middle school students. Activities also include incorporating teachers, parents and mentors to create a fun, positive learning environment. Daily attendance is critical every day the program is in session at school (Mid-September-Late May) and during agreed upon office hours when the program is not in session. This program takes place during the school day from 9am-3pm and is scheduled when class time is available at each school.
Key Qualities of the Education Specialist for College & Career Ready, Set, Go!
- Demonstrate energetic outlook to create a positive learning experience
- Utilize with fidelity the inquiry-based lesson plans for College & Career Ready, Set, Go! program for Partners in Education.
- Work well with middle school student populations in a classroom environment.
- Work well with youth and families experiencing poverty.
- Demonstrate cultural competency.
- Communicate well with community partners to assist Program Manager in scheduling guest speaker opportunities, field trips, funding opportunities and other events for the program.
- Record and manage student level data. Microsoft Excel skills are a must.
- Tech savvy
- Communicate well to a variety of stakeholders in both written and oral communication.
- Collaborate with local school teachers, principals and staff to ensure high-quality program facilitation.
- Organize materials for effective instruction.
- Able to work during the day time between 9:00am-3pm Monday-Friday.
- Possess reliable transportation.
- Clear a criminal background check
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Teaching certificate preferred, and at least one year of classroom teaching experience
Starting pay is $15.45 per hour. This is a part time position of 20-30 hours per week with potential for full time that offers vacation, sick and holiday pay if desired.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.45 - $16.00 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
To keep our students and staff safe, we follow all COVID-19 mandate for the state of Ohio and the local school districts.
- Relevant: 1 year (Required)
- Teaching Certificate (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19