Backup Clerk **Must work weekends and holidays, morning shifts
Adam Emmons - Store Manager
Okahumpka Service Plaza Shell
MM 300, Florida's Turnpike
*Background and drug screen conducted during hiring process.
Florida Turnpike Services make customer service our number one priority. All customer service representatives (CSR) will be trained to perform in all aspects of our convenience store operation. CSR's are responsible for the proper and efficient operation of their shift, within company policy. This means that they must ensure that shift contributes to the safe, clean, and friendly environment of the store.
Clerical work consists of, but is not limited to, assisting with book keeping in office, filing paperwork, putting together change orders from bank, ensuring that invoices are scanned and sent to corporate, assist clerk with shift reports and daily paperwork. Help with ordering and receiving of inventory from vendors. Report any issues to manager on duty. Retailing invoices from vendors and ensuring items received are put into the correct departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Perform the following physical actions continuously throughout their shift: standing, walking, handling items, reaching horizontally, reaching above the shoulder, grasping firmly, and pushing buttons and touchscreen monitors.
- Perform the following physical actions occasionally during their shift: bending, stopping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, pushing and reaching below the waist, climbing step ladder while stocking.
- Constantly lift weight up to 20lbs and carry items within a small area.
- Occasionally lift weights of 20lbs up to 60 lbs and carry items within the store.
- Properly use equipment in a safe manner at all times.
- Constantly check and empty all trash bins in the facility as needed.
- Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in the company handbook, training materials, and other publications.
- Communicate with management regarding customer requests and vendor-related concerns.
- Ensure safe working conditions by maintaining a clean, organized store in accordance to company standards.
- Greet customers with a smile, be friendly, and offer prompt service. Provide an enjoyable experience for all customers.
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Promote and have knowledge of all active promotions.
- Thank customer and invite them back.
CUSTOMER TRANSACTION & FRONT COUNTER
- Efficiently operate the cash register, making sure to ring all sales, bag merchandise, and managing cash and credit cards per company policy.
- Comply with federal and state laws by requesting proper identification for tobacco and lottery purchases.
- Operate lottery/lotto terminal.
- Operate gasoline intercom and console.
- Operate shift within all company guidelines.
- Stock and refill front counter inventory.
COFFEE & FOUNTAIN AREAS
- Work in the coffee area and observe coffee thermals to determine needs and times for refills.
- Fill coffee basket with filter and coffee grinds; brew coffee. Work safely with equipment that can create and hold very high temperatures.
- Carry coffee thermals from brewing station to warmer as needed.
- Fill and maintain cappucino machine, sugar machine, and cold creamer dispenser as needed. Retrieve stock from back room/cooler ass needed.
- Stock cups, lids, straws, and other items on coffee and fountain islands.
- Keep the entire coffee and fountain areas clean at all times.
- Clean and sanitize coffee and fountain equipment as required by policy.
- Change syrup box and CO2 canisters for fountain drinks as needed.
SALES AREA / STOCKING / PRICING
- Check expiration codes and dates and inspect all items once per shift.
- Properly rotate stock, pull expired items, document, and store in back area for supplier credit per company policy.
- Retrieve perishable items from refrigerator/freezer for replenishment and stocking.
- Stock shelves with products and supplies to ensure in stock conditions at all times.
- Clean and organize all displays and racks.
- Clean, stock, and organize walk-in cooler.
- Check all equipment and temperatures to ensure proper operation.
- Price all items making sure to change any signs if there have been any price changes.
- Use a handheld device to record and use inventory. Includes checking in vendors according to company guidelines. Make sure to check every item delivered by a vendor and match it with the invoice.
- Complete indoor housekeeping tasks including cleaning, dusting, mopping, and emptying trash in all areas of the store. Work with a variety of cleaning supplies and chemicals. Some housecleaning tasks my require the use of a ladder.
- Check and stock all paper towel and hand soap dispensers.
- Wipe down sinks, countertops, and mirrors.
- Dust air intakes and partitions.
- Check for and clean graffiti.
- To perform other tasks assigned by store manager.
- Assist the manager in seeing that the store maintains a 100% on state and Shell inspections.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Required)
- Excel: 2 years (Preferred)