If you have been a Personal Care Assistant ‘PCA’, Direct Support Professional, Caregiver or have had similar experience and are ready to use your skills in a more dynamic environment, this position may be just for you.
The Program Assistant position provides support to individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities throughout their daily activities in an adult Day Service program.
BRIDGE believes that all people should be engaged in their community through a variety of opportunities to strengthen independent living skills.
Great opportunity to gain hands on experience in a non-profit organization for those going into the teaching field, special education, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, or medical industry.
- This is a full-time position with hours varying between 35-40 hours per week.
Typical schedule for Program Assistant AM Route- 7:15 am-3:00 pm
Typical schedule for Program Assistant PM Route- 8:45 am-4:45 pm
- Starting Wage for Program Assistant Hours- $13.00 per hour
- Wage for Route Driver Hours- $14.00 per hour
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide safe and efficient morning and afternoon transportation for individuals with disabilities to the Adult Day Services programs-training provided.
- Engage individuals with disabilities in small group volunteer activities in the community
- Support individuals with disabilities by attending health and wellness activities at fitness centers
- Teach small group classes such as, cooking, daily living skills, art, nutrition, community resources etc.
- Assist with personal cares- training provided
- Administer medications -training provided
- Effective communication skills
To Be Successful in this Job:
- Enjoy having a positive impact on someone’s life
- Experience working with intellectual and/or physical disabilities preferred
- Provide accurate documentation for the program
- Comfortable driving to and from community activities in mini vans and 15-passenger vans
- Knowledge and understanding of different communication styles
- Walk, Stand, bend, stoop, occasionally push or pull up to 80 lbs., and lift, carry, transfer up to 60 lbs.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record- Must provide a current copy of your driving record
- Pass a criminal history background check
Paid Time Off Benefit
Starting Rate: Competitive
Employee Referral Bonus- up to $300
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour