There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We’re on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose – Connecting People, Uniting the World – is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have an outstanding responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we’re growing – in the years ahead, we’ll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package sought at keeping you happy, balanced and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
Why Inflight Services?
Our customers choose United because of our dedication to safety and passion for service. United's Inflight Services team is made up of diverse, driven individuals working together to Connect People and Unite the World. From operational leadership and crew planning to safety and service procedures, our Inflight Services team provides the innovative ways, tools, training and mentorship needed for our flight attendants to deliver the best possible customer experience, and aid in our mission to become the best airline in the history of aviation.
Job overview and responsibilities
A day in the life of a United Airlines Inflight Supervisor is dynamic and multi-layered. It comprises of engaging and supporting a diverse team of flight attendants, encouraging trust with our flight crew members, working closely with other operational teams to deliver outstanding customer service while demonstrating our Core4 values. If you like a fast paced, 24/7 operational environment then this exciting opportunity is for you! From managing performance and recognition to delivering a safe timely operation, you will have the ability to craft how our customers and co-workers feel about United.
- Encourage flight attendants to deliver a high-quality onboard experience to drive improvement in our Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Recognize flight attendants for outstanding service, teamwork and performance
- Assist our flight attendants, at the Concierge Desk and resolve issues in the moment as vital
- Exercise United’s core4 values to provide local support and care for flight attendants during any Inflight incident
- Oversee the performance of the flight attendant team in line with the flight attendant collective bargaining agreement
- Conduct investigations regarding performance, complaints, or other work-related issues
- Keep our flight attendant team advised by sharing corporate initiatives and changes in policy or procedures
- Showcase the delivery of new Inflight products as determined by the Flight Experience team
- Ensure daily company goals, policy and procedure compliance are met
- Coordinate with customer service and Station Operations Center (SOC) to ensure operational success
- Ensure safety goals are met and FAA regulatory requirements are consistently adhered to by the team
- Team oriented, with enthusiasm for people and delivering exceptional service
- Develop positive relationships with team members and other work groups to achieve our common goals
- Participate in planeside briefings and engage with flight attendants to ensure they have the tools and resources to perform their jobs effectively
- Share customer feedback and advance issues that may interfere with the crew’s ability to deliver the prescribed service
- Minimum 2 years equivalent or similar work experience
- 2+ years leadership experience leading and influencing a team
- Required to attend United's flight attendant training to earn FAA certification if not currently flight qualified
- Must possess exceptional planning and organizational skills, along with strong written and oral communication skills
- Positive demeanor and ability to adapt to constantly evolving work environment
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and decision-making capability
- Proven track record to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is a crucial function of the position
- For candidates who have previously not been a flight attendant at United Airlines, you will be required to obtain a flight qualification through Inflight Training and will be scheduled to attend the next available class. Obtaining and maintaining flight qualifications is an essential function of the job. Failure to successfully complete training and become flight qualified or failure to maintain those qualifications may result in termination.
- You will be required to adhere to the appearance standards for the flight attendant workgroup, which contain specific guidelines around hair, makeup, tattoos, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Inflight Service, travel industry, or hospitality leadership experience highly preferred
- Experience supervising a unionized work group
The salary for this position is $75,240 - $88,110, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, education, and skill. This range is based on a full-time schedule.
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact JobAccommodations@united.com to request accommodation.