BONUS: Free employee housing through October 31st 2021
Join our team at Grand Canyon National Park! Are you enthusiastic about hospitality, people, and beautiful places? By working at Grand Canyon National Park, you will get all three! No matter what your jobs is, you will be a proud steward of the park and play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to our guests! As one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, The Grand Canyon National Park is a place of remarkable beauty, peace, scenic grandeur and top notch hospitality.
JOB SUMMARY: Janitorial for lodging public areas and minor repair work.
As our employee, you receive extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties and a generous benefits program for eligible employees. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Grand Canyon National Park, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
- Keep lodge public areas such as restrooms, lobbies, entryways, walkways, hallways, and assigned outdoor areas clean throughout shift.
- Wear the required personal protective equipment, and wear weather appropriate attire for work in all four (4) weather seasons/conditions.
- Continually focus on providing exceptional guest service as a primary goal; both in how work is conducted and when interacting with guests.
- Complete room deliveries of items as requested by the front desk, as well as requests from housekeeping.
- Communicate status of requests with the front desk and/or housekeeping throughout shift, and when called on the radio for assistance.
- Responsible for snow removal from walkways, porches and steps. Also trash pick-up, sweeping, and general grounds cleaning.
- Perform maintenance as directed in guest rooms for items such as bathroom fixtures, maintenance for tub, sink and toilet, and basic furniture repairs.
- Perform basic equipment repair on items such as lamps and vacuums.
- Maintain strict key control and care of radios.
- Provide safety warnings and place signage during cleaning of public areas.
- Immediately report any maintenance or safety issues to porter lead and front desk.
- Strictly follow all company and departmental policies and procedures; including handling of lost and found items, chemical safety, and cleaning safety.
- Adhere to the Softer Footprint environmental management system program as trained.
- Ability to complete Housekeeping training and clean guest rooms to standard as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
What’s in it for you?
- Lodging Discount 50% off Best Available Rate
- 30 – 40% Retail Discount at Xanterra Parks
- Discounts at Xanterra Adventure Companies
- 20 – 30% Food and Beverage Discounts at Xanterra Parks
- 15% Verizon Phone Service/Products Discount
- 20 – 60% Discount on Entertainment through TicketsAtWork.com
- Sam’s Club Membership Discount
- Free Laundry Facilities
- Rec Center – Fitness Equipment, Computers and Free WiFi
- Paid Day off on Your Birthday with Restaurant & Retail Discounts
- Discounted Mule Rides Each Winter
- Sumer Property Olympics
- Free Grand Canyon Railway Train Rides
- Wellness Programs and Health Fairs
- Ability to complete assigned tasks without close supervision.
- Willingness to help out in all areas of the Rooms department.
- Willingness to work any shift within the 24 hour operation.
- Able to meet all physical requirements of the job, which include repetitive motion of all extremities and the back including continual kneeling, bending, twisting, lifting, pushing and long periods of standing/walking, and regularly lifting and transporting up to fifty pounds, etc.
- Ability to maintain high quality of work & high energy while take more than 15,000-20,000 steps per work day at an elevation of 7,000 ft.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with and project the image of professionalism, friendliness and willingness to provide personalized service to our varied customer base.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $12.25 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- United States: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)