Full-timeEstimated: $37,000 - $49,000 a year
- Microsoft Outlook
- Time Management
- Event Planning
- Hospitality Experience
- Computer Skills
Full Job Description
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
At Volk, our purpose is the eradicate preventable blindness through all aspects of the work we do. Volk is a highly regarded, global organization and is a subsidiary of Halma, a FTSE 100 company. To support our ongoing growth, we are looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing day to day support to ensure efficient operations of the office and to support our employees and leaders.
Broad range of administrative tasks include: managing calendars; assist in arranging domestic and international travel; scheduling and preparing for meetings; company communication; assist in event planning and managing the HQ office. This role will report to the Executive Business Assistant (EBA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Drive a positive and engaged company culture while being a champion of Volk’s core values and mission.
Act as the ‘face of the office’ – initial point of contact for phone calls, clients and visitors, welcoming them and directing them appropriately and ensuring they feel welcomed and special.
Responsible for answering and directing incoming phone calls and managing office mail.
Prepare the conference room for board meetings and/or guest visits.
Responsible for day to day office management activities.
Take a proactive approach to office management, recommending and implementing improvements to ensure smooth office operation.
Arrange travel and accommodations for employees, clients, and visitors.
Assist the coordination of internal and external events, such as corporate lunches and Company Service Days.
Maintain phone lists, organization charts, document filing and other facility-wide administrative tasks.
Support various business functions with administrative tasks to help advance their projects forward. Departments include but not limited to—
Quality & Regulatory
All other duties assigned.
- 2 years relevant work experience in a fast-paced environment including, but not limited to, administrative support to senior leaders, hospitality, customer-facing support with an emphasis on administration and coordination or sales administrative support
- Strong computer skills and advanced skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to independently learn and pick up other software tools quickly
- Must be articulate with demonstrated strength in written and oral English, interpersonal and presentation skills, and ability to effectively interface with external clients, senior management and staff
- Demonstrated organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks; excellent attention to detail; and able to handle additional projects as they arise.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information; exhibits highest degree of maturity and professionalism as well as composure in stressful situations
- 2+ years of experience as an Administrative assistant
- Event planning and management or hospitality experience
- Office management experience
- Time management skills; ability to multitask and prioritize
- Experienced in coordinating domestic and international travel a plus.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Planning and Organizing
- Quality and Professional Workmanship
- Customer Focus
- Computer Skills
- Relationship Management
- Values, Trust and Integrity
- Conflict Management
- Team Effectiveness
Less than 15% travel annually.
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that work in an office environment and set up events to include lifting (up to 50 lbs) and carrying boxes and materials across distances and up and down stairs