At Google, our philosophy is build it, break it and then rebuild it better. That thinking is at the core of how we approach testing at Google. Unlike roles with similar names at the other companies, Test Engineers at Google aren't manual testers - you write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code. As a Test Engineer, you navigate Google's massive codebase, identify weak spots and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Google's growing suite of products and services.
In this role, you'll help to drive the strategy and approaches we use for testing Google's most critical infrastructure for compute, accelerators, networking, power, cooling and monitoring systems. You will be responsible for the manufacturing test strategy, and for associated implementation, with our vendors and contract manufacturers. You will evaluate the product designs and create the process, tools and procedures to properly test volume manufacturing. You will also collaborate with the Product Design team, along with Hardware Engineering and Manufacturing teams, to determine test requirements, to establish test methodologies, and to test fixture implementation.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop test software and automate tests. Manage the development of test fixtures and test software, and integrate them into the manufacturing flow.
- Enable the Contract Manufacturer (CM) by developing appropriate factory training and facilitating associated trainers. Improve factory test methods and instructions, maximizing efficiencies with factory tooling design and implementation.
- Help scale the deployment of associated initiatives by identifying and isolating manufacturing defects in our critical infrastructure prior to deployment.
- Conduct test development in Python, develop new test strategies and platforms, analyze new rack and computing configurations, and create test plans for new product introduction.
- Conduct code reviews and debug test failures. Develop and deploy the tests and validations that will be used for Google's server platforms, accelerators and machine racks.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing or product validation test development.
- 2 years of experience working with Python.
- 1 year of experience working in manufacturing environments.
- 8 years of experience in manufacturing or product validation test development.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.