About Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides professional care and assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. Provides care to these patients utilizing the nursing process in collaboration with other health care team members.
Nuvance Health offers a wide array of benefits, including but not limited to:
- Medical Insurance
- Virtual Medical Assistance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- HSA, FSA
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Wellness program
- Retirement plans
- Additional voluntary benefits (such as pet Insurance, discounted home/ auto insurance, etc).
- Performs assessments in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychological & cognitive status.
- Formulates a goal directed plan of care which is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis & patient outcomes.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner.
- Establishes priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available resources.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given and patient progression toward outcomes.
- Identifies patient's/significant other's learning needs and implements appropriate measures to meet them.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary functions.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's Level Degree required, BSN preferred
- State of NY RN license.
- Behavioral Health experience.
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Significant occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Significant exposure to dirt, odor, noise, human waste, etc.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Indeed Hire and Nuvance Health are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- RN in behavioral health( Psych): 1 year (Required)