Lumber Liquidators…A GREAT place to work! With more than 400 locations, Lumber Liquidators is North America’s largest specialty retailer of hardwood flooring. Our associates drive our success through a commitment to providing customers with the highest quality product at the lowest prices. Lumber Liquidators offers excellent career growth opportunities. We offer competitive pay rates and an outstanding benefits package which includes a low premium medical plan, paid holidays and paid time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer match that is immediately vested, and a casual work environment.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position performs staff accounting work, including performing general ledger account reconciliations, preparing daily journal entries and periodic variance analysis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS) OF THE POSITION
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the finance team and other departments to provide, analyze and interpret financial data
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor, Accounting Manager and Senior Accountants with month end closing procedures
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain monthly and ongoing reports and schedules
- Calculate, prepare and enter various month end journal entries
- Maintain and create documented procedures for routine reports and processes
- Provide periodic comparative variance analysis: actual to budget, actual to forecast, etc.
- Communicate with all levels of management regarding account variances
- Work on special projects and prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested
- Develop and implement accounting reports and schedules; recommend changes to existing documents, as needed, to enhance value and usefulness
- Prepare schedules for internal and external auditors and respond to auditor information requests and inquiries
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with organization accounting policies and with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Proactively assist others. Step in and help when and as needed
- Execute special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve problems and apply creative and timely solutions.
- Attendance and reliability is extremely important in this position
- Customer Focus – Establish and maintain effective customer relationships. Seek to understand customer needs and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Accountability – Follow through on commitments. Take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Collaboration – Cooperate with others to achieve shared objectives and get work done. Consider interests of others as well as one’s own.
- Instill Trust – Show consistency in word and action. Treat others with respect. Operate with honesty and integrity.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements, customer and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task-at-hand, adherence to Company policies and requirements while consistently delivering error free results.
- Leads by example in following the Company Code of Business Conduct (Ethics), all applicable tenants of the Lacey Act and all other applicable laws, policies and procedures. Immediately reports all concerns to the appropriate party.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
One to two years of accounting experience, required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Retail experience serving medium to large retailers, preferred
Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization, including director and executive levels of management
Ability to prioritize and manage commitments to deliver results
Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced, retail environment in a growing organization
Ability to present information and ideas to co-workers, external business partners, and other members of the organization.
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
Intermediate to advanced level expertise in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
Experience with accounting software and management tools; SAP experience preferred
Basic knowledge of GAAP