Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Enterprise Community Moderator
located in San Ramon, CA
through October 31, 2018
at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
This role resides within the Employee Engagement and Corporate Responsibility team within Public Affairs and will assist with daily moderation and oversight of Chevron’s enterprise social network platform, Facebook's Workplace, and its 1,500-plus communities.
The role will assist with supporting Chevron workforce adoption of Workplace and the culture change of using the platform as a new way of working, communicating and collaborating.
This individual should possess fundamental knowledge of social media and in particular community building (best practices, content development, community management and publishing).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Enterprise Community Management
Groups Monitoring, Issues Management, Governance
- Owns Workplace community core groups including content strategy, content calendar, drafting and publishing key updates, developing and sharing resources and engagement material
- Engages with and develops Chevron’s Workplace Champions power user community to ensure engagement, feedback, tool collaboration and utilization
- Responsible for understanding Workplace features, functionality and updates and communicating to relevant communities
- Drafts content and support communications and campaigns to drive Workplace adoption & engagement, and evolve Workplace from communications platform to enterprise innovation tool
Training & Analytics
- Daily enterprise social media monitoring for issues and engagement opportunities
- Oversees compliance with governance, policies and guidelines among the end-user community
- Reviews reported posts and address accordingly
- Follows escalation paths within and outside of the platform and work with governing bodies as relevant
- Reviews monthly groups report (identify and document duplicates, inactive groups, non-compliant group names/topics, and address accordingly
- Engages group admins and moderators to set expectations and provide guidance and resources for group content moderation
- Requires 24/7 pulse on incoming escalations or issues that may impact Chevron operations, personnel or reputation
- Supports ongoing issues management and monitoring requests during crisis response and as needed
- Generates weekly analytics reports to measure and optimize employee engagement & tool utilization
- Develops training plans & content development for key Workplace audiences (develop content and deliver live trainings; publish training resources)
- Manages and updates templated responses quarterly for accuracy; distributes to various parties
- Assists with quarterly and year-end analytics reporting and data visualization across social media programs
- Bachelor Degree in Communications or similar degree plan
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Communicate and develop content for core communities managed by Employee Engagement & Corporate Responsibility Communications in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively support Policy, Government and Public Affairs Workplace communities with providing social media best practice coaching and content delivery to the enterprise.
- Develop and deploy organizational training that drives Workplace awareness, rapid adoption and good practice globally.
- Understand, support and follow governance policies and escalation flows diplomatically and with strategic, as well as good judgement.
- Have good understanding of social media and/or enterprise social networks, building communities and content moderation principles.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be able to use digital tools to drive change and assist the employee engagement team in driving enterprise change and innovation.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.