Machado Ready Mix in Baltimore, MD is seeking safety-minded Ready Mix Truck Drivers to deliver concrete from our batch plant to customer job sites. Business is thriving and we are looking for great people to join our team! We offer competitive pay, the ability to work locally and be home at the end of the day, and an excellent benefit package, which includes:
* Affordable Health, Vision, & Dental * Paid Vacation
Insurance * 401(k) Retirement Plan with
* Paid Sick Leave company match!
* Paid Holidays
Duties: (may perform any and/or all of the following):
* Safely operate truck in accordance with all applicable Federal, state, and company regulations.
* Efficiently load and deliver perishable product to customer striving to provide quality and good
* Follow procedures to ensure truck is safe to operate.
* when not performing driving duties assist with plant maintenance, cleanup and other duties
as assigned by supervisor.
* Complete required pre and post trip inspections reporting necessary maintenance as required.
* Operate truck to receive load, evaluate slump and drive safely to job site.
* Safely maneuver truck on job site, attach chutes to discharge material, clean truck to minimize
* Complete all forms, tickets and required paperwork in a timely manner.
* Keep inside and outside of truck clean.
* Communicate with dispatch, maintenance and plant management to facilitate the flow of
information required to provide good customer service.
* Ensures safe work environment and quality standards are maintained.
* Follow all company policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* The above listed duties require extended periods of standing, walking, stooping, and
* Employee must be able to climb equipment's ladder to reach the operators seat and rear
* Must effectively use all limbs for extended periods of time (fingers, arms, legs).
* Ability to operate equipment in tight spaces.
* Position requires periodic lifting up to 50 pounds: 25 pounds over the head.
* Must possess a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
* Must have at least 2 year's experience driving a truck with a GVW of 70,000 lbs.
* 2 year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and
experience or will train applicant with heavy truck experience- i.e: concrete mixer truck,
dump truck, concrete pump truck, roll off, etc.
* Ability to read, write and speak English.
* Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
* Excellent driving skills.
* Must operate a Manual Transmission.
* Retain a DOT physical card.
* Must pass DOT drug screen.
* Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely matter.
* Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond to customer needs
and respond to requests for service and assistance.
* Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
* Observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, use equipment
* Punctual and consistently arrives at work on time.
* Ability to follow instructions from management and dispatcher.
* Ability to work weekends as needed.
* Ability to follow all safety standards and policies.
Machado Construction Company, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time