- Microsoft Office, 3 years (Required)
- administrative, 3 years (Required)
- Multi-tasking, 3 years (Preferred)
- Construction, 3 year (Preferred)Full Job Description
Southeast Welding Center, Inc. Companies, a DC based organization has a current opening for an Adult Basic Education and Welding Instructors.
Bachelor’s Degree is required, with knowledge of the welding and construction field and teaching credentials (a plus). Five (5) years of teaching (adult learners preferred) experience and 2 professional references and 1 personal reference preferred.
Status: Part time Position at $25.00 - $31.00 per hour, depending on experience –
Job Description: Adult Basic Education and Welding Instructors:
Under the supervision of the Program Director, Instructors are responsible for providing classroom and skills instruction to Adult learners in Basic Education contextualized to welding.
· 1. Provides basic education instruction to include the established curriculum for basic and advanced welding
· 2. Establish weekly class goals and objectives and bi-weekly progress notes to be provided to admin
· 3. Reviews the goals and objectives and make changes when necessary.
· 4. Collaborates with the Administrator on a regular and/as needed basis to evaluate project goals, curriculum, learning techniques and objectives.
· 5. Provides a comprehensive orientation of the welding profession.
· 6. Promotes and encourages job placement after completion of the program.
· 7. Follow up on students if attendance drops below the required threshold to determine if additional supports might be needed
· 8. Create lesson plans for the week and provide the program director with a copy of each.
· 9. Keep attendance, and a log of all contact/follow up efforts with students, ensure sign in for attendance.
· 10. Attend all training and professional development meetings as mandated by the agency and or our grantors. Other duties may be assigned.
· 11. Become a certified E-test Coordinator and Proctor for CASAS assessments within 6 months to be able to provide pre and post-test for incoming and actual students.
· 12. Participation in all meetings and discussion to make accommodations for distance learning, grant acquisition, and program development when needed.
· 13. Create and administers worksheets, quiz, and test documents.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $25.00 - $31.00 per hour
- Teaching: 5 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19