Responsible for the day-to-day operation of receiving, selection and loading of product and maintaining productivity level for hourly members. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate with fellow supervisors and Manager on daily operational activities.
- Manage and promote safety and sanitation in all areas.
- Plan production/staffing need on a daily, weekly, period basis.
- Work hand in hand with all other areas to maximize productivity and performance.
- Monitor and meet all order accuracy requirements/expectations.
- Conduct meetings with hourly associates.
- Oversee the personnel records for all associates.
- Help develop and train hourly associates.
- Generate distribution/service center productivity reports regarding labor standards, and accounts for all labor hours, adhering to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and divisional goals
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; completes performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Two or more years of leadership experience
- Highly motivated, energetic and capable to address issues with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to report and recommend solutions to challenges.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in computer software (MS Word and Excel, especially)
Desired Previous Job Experience
- 2-5 years supervisory experience
- High School or greater educational (degree preferred)
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Regions: Any; General Office- Cincinnati; Mid-Atlantic; Midwest; Mountain; South; West
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Holidays required