I need someone skilled in Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw, or both, to trace over or reproduce a photo of a Northern White Rhinoceros skin in a vector program so that it looks realistic, or create a realistic one from different rhino images. It has to look realistic, even though it is in a vector format, so it can't look like a cartoon. The final artwork will need to in a be blown up to 156” L x 72” H which would be around 46800 x 31200 pixels and printed on material that will be made into an inflatable rhino sculpture. There is also a second section of the artwork that is a landscape under its belly that will also have to be rendered in vector format for a high resolution printing.
- All files must be saved in Corel Draw X7 or earlier, Adobe Illustrator CS6 or earlier or .EPS Vector format.
- For Mac users, an alternative is to include both screen and printer fonts.
- All art and fonts must be vectorized and converted to outlines or curves.
- Create a file that is 75-100 dpi at actual size, so a 08 FT image could be sent as 08” at 750 to 1000 dpi.
- All colors should be labeled with the Pantone Matching System (PMS).
- Include (embed) all EPS and Tiff files used in creating your document.
- If files have half tones or gradients, please label it with PMS colors or save resolution to 75-100 dpi.
Description of project:
I won an artist grant from the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events in Chicago to make a realistic life-size inflatable of the extinct Northern White Rhino - which will inflate and deflate on a continuous cycle - representing the "here today, gone tomorrow" aspect of the extinction of the species, as it deflates, but also the hope that they will be able to bring it back with the sperm and egg that they saved from the species. The purpose of this project is to bring awareness of the extinction of this species and of extinction of animals in general.
Job Types: Temporary, Commission
Salary: $35.00 to $50.00 /hour
- Adobe Illustrator and/or Corel Draw: 3 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused