Title: Director of Crew Management
Position: Full-time Salaried/Exempt
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Operations
Location: Harahan, LA
Marquette Transportation Company, LLC one of the industry’s largest marine transporters, is seeking a Director Crew Management for its Harahan, LA office.
Headquartered in Paducah, KY and founded in 1978, Marquette is a leading provider of inland marine transportation services. Our Company operates over 130 tow and tugboats on the Mississippi River System, Gulf-Intracoastal Waterway, and near-shore coastwise market. In addition, the Company controls over 1,000 dry cargo barges. The Company is headquartered in Paducah, KY and has additional offices in New Orleans, LA, Larose, LA and Houston, TX. With approximately 1,500 vessel and shore-based employees, Marquette is the largest provider of independent towing services within the inland waterways.
- Leads a team of Crew Managers responsible for the safe and effective staffing of Gulf-Inland vessels and coordination of travel logistics for crew members to and from the vessels.
- Guiding crew performance management including technical abilities, employee coaching, and corrective action for vessel crew members.
- Responsible for the crew travel budget and driving effective cost savings.
- Developing key performance indicators and metrics, driving Vessel Management Team accountability for crew utilization, travel, performance metrics, retention, and other key metrics.
- Coach and develop Crew Managers to enhance their skills and support their professional growth.
- Collaborate with the Operations leadership team, driving cohesion, best in class communication, and business results.
- Identifies marine industry and operational trends and developments in competitive environments and drives best practices.
- Working with crew travel vendor regarding most effective and efficient crew changes to decrease downtime.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Admin., Operations, Supply Chain Management, or related field preferred.
- Five or more years of experience in Operations Management preferred.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Must be self-starter, problem-solver, creative thinker, team player, flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Process management and the ability to drive sustainable, end-to-end processes.
- Strong analytical and metric competencies.
- Must be a good team leader with the ability to provide guidance, instruction and direction to those on the team.
- Must work well in a team environment.
Marquette offers a competitive pay, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k match, bonus plan, company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability and other incentives.
Visit our website:
www.marquettetrans.com to find out more about our company.
Job Type: Full-time