Human Resources Generalist
Want to join one of South Texas’ premier child welfare agencies in “restoring innocence and strengthening families?” The Children’s Shelter is waiting for you! Since 1901, The Children’s Shelter has touched countless lives and every year, serves over 4,000 children and parents. Become part of a growing team providing high-quality, trauma-informed care for children and families.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the HR Generalist, will provide support to all of the operations of The Children’s Shelter. The HR Generalist will help support Human Resource practices and objectives that will provide an employee oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes safety, compliance, retention and employee engagement. The HR Generalist will also be responsible for new employee processing, personnel file maintenance, and benefits administration.
- Serves as a point of contact for employees regarding the employee benefit programs including medical, dental, life, disability, supplemental medical, 401 (k) plan.
- Supports recruiting process by posting positions, screening resumes, conducting preliminary interviews, and verifying references and prior employment.
- Facilitate new employee onboarding to include background checks, ensuring all required paperwork/documents are received, TB testing and coordinate/conduct benefit meetings
- Collaborate with external Human Resources vendor for support and oversight.
- Helps support the leadership team by instilling a human capital development and “coaching” culture within The Children’s Shelter organization.
- Ensures that all activities carried out in the name of the agency are in accordance with agency policies, Human Resource Law and COA accreditation requirements.
- Supports the strengthening and management of the culture and practices that reflects the organization’s mission and core values and fosters high engagement in staff.
- 2-3 years of college or an Associate’s degree, or certified in a Human Resources or related program
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Familiar with HR laws and activities
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Bilingual with English and Spanish is a plus
The Children’s Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workplace and offering a competitive pay and benefits package.
You can apply on-line by visiting our website www.chshel.org or in person at:
2939 W. Woodlawn Ave.
San Antonio, TX 78228
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Human Resources: 1 year (Required)