Project Locations: Altoona/State College Area
Our Client, a local Commercial Construction Company, is seeking experienced Pipefitters to join their team.
- Layout, fabrication, assembly and installation piping.
- Performs mathematical calculations pertaining to the manipulation of angles such as rolling offsets, cutback of fittings, and takeout between welds and other fits.
- Basic understanding of rigging to safely move piping in and around project area.
- Preps material for welding by utilizing application appropriate cutting implements.
- Pipefitters must be able to follow blue prints and isometric drawings to construct and install related piping and operation systems.
- Inspects work sites to determine presence of obstructions and to ascertain that holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cuts pipe, using hacksaw, pipe cutters, hammer and chisel, cutting torch, and pipe cutting machine.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings.
- Joins piping by means of threaded, caulked, wiped, soldered, brazed, fused or cemented joints.
- Tests piping system for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication leaks.
- 3+ years of pipefitting experience on construction sites.
- Must be able to climb in and out of ditches and perform laboring duties.
- Communicate clearly verbally, in handwriting, and electronically.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of industrial/commercial mechanical construction manner of working and exceptional job site skills.
- OSHA 10 Certification is preferred.
Overview of Schedule and Compensation:
- Hourly wage based on experience.
- Must be able to work a 40 hour a week schedule.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Benefits are available upon 90 days of service.
Job Type: Full-time
- pipefitting: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)