Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Occupational Therapists provide services that identify, prevent, remediate, and rehabilitate acute or prolonged physical dysfunction or pain with emphasis on upper extremity function, maximal independence in activities of daily living, and cognative perceptual motor function. Clinical responsibilities may include treatment of pediatrics and/or adults and mature adults. May treat in any of the following areas: in-patient, out-patient and pediatrics.
1. Performs occupational therapy evaluations. Demonstrates technical skill and accuracy in performing evaluation procedures.
2. Performs occupational therapy treatment planning and implementation. Utilizes appropriate interventions, procedures & equipment as defined by specialty area.
3. Provides patient/family education and training.
4. Provides peer review and participates in performance improvement activities.
5. Documentation is completed based on department guidelines.
6. Initiates discharge planning.
7. Continuing education:
attends 20 hours per year, provides two hours of inservice education to staff per year.
8. Provides full time clinical experience to student.
9. May provide guidance lower level staff.
10. Participates in orienting, teaching, guiding and evaluating assistive personnel.
11. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum one year of experience
Functional Independent Measurement (FIM) certification and CPR certification.
Danbury-235 Main St
Day 8 & 10
Works schedule between 7am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
Phys Med - Main St
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Some occupational risk
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.