At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you’ll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
You will perform a variety of secretarial and/or administrative duties for assigned attorneys. You will interact with colleagues in a team setting and uphold the image of the Firm by maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff, and observing confidentiality of client matters.
On any given day, you will be working with firm leadership, partners, and business colleagues on a variety of requests and projects. You will:
- Input, revise, and finalize correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents. Draft routine correspondence, memoranda and other documents
- Use a high degree of proficiency with PACER and e-filing procedures
- Proofread documents and check for appropriate formatting, spelling and grammar
- Receive, review and print electronic faxes. Deliver paper faxes as necessary
- Sort, date and read incoming mail. Prepare documents and packages for mail, messenger and overnight delivery
- Prepare expense reports, manage vendor invoices, mailings, and travel arrangements
- Complete client/matter forms. Request conflicts of interest checks. Open new files
- Maintain all client and general files. Conduct periodic review for possible storage of old files and prepare files to be closed
- Coordinate and follow through on requests and projects with other support departments (e.g., word processing, receptionists, file/document clerks, office services)
- Provide overflow assistance and secretarial support for Secretarial Team Members’ attorneys and paralegals
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- At least 2 years of legal experience
- Ability to manage vendor invoices
- Proofreading, attention to detail and solid grammar/spelling skills a must
- High degree of proficiency with E-filing documents in various courts, Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel a must
- Typing speed/accuracy: 70 wpm with accuracy
- Legal citation and legal terminology expertise
- Familiarity with Carpe Diem, Elite, DeltaView, document management systems or similar technology
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our professional staff are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.
We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 5.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the following link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60606: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chicago, IL 60606