Title: Executive Assistant to President/CEO
Reports to: President/CEO
Pay Range: $31,000 - $35,000
Location: Administration Building – 1818 W. Beltline Highway, Madison, WI 53713
Executive Assistant to CEO will be responsible for the oversight of the administrative activities of the President & CEO’s office including, but not limited to, management of administrative functions, special projects and calendar coordination; assistance with Board activities and communications. Provide administrative support for front desk by helping answer telephone calls, greeting visitors, taking & delivering messages and office appearance.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Administrative Responsibilities for President /CEO
- Administrative management of the day-to-day activities of the office of the President/CEO, including setting and maintaining calendar and appointments, travel arrangements, internal and external communications from the President /CEO, maintenance and use of confidential files and information.
- Assist in managing Board relations, including preparation and logistics for Board of Director Meetings and Board committee meetings. Provide follow-up by telephone and in writing as necessary. Prepare reports, gather and present statistical information, prepare informational packages, coordinate meetings and follow-up as necessary. Create and distribute annual Board Manual with Directors, overseers contact information and the Board committee calendar.
- Maintain electronic distribution lists for Board members.
- With Development Team, coordinate President /CEO’s donor visits and follow-up.
- Plan, direct and execute special projects on behalf of the President /CEO as required.
- Prepare written communication on behalf of the President /CEO, such as letters, announcements, meeting notes, follow-up communication, organizational emails, etc.
- Represent the President/CEO and BGCB with Board, Volunteers, donors, etc. in support of the activities of the office, as directed.
- Assist in the preparation, revision and maintenance of the President’s expense budget, as directed.
Administrative/Front Desk Area
- Work from front desk to provide phone coverage and administrative support as needed.
- Manage internal and external package delivery, schedule conference rooms, and assist with conference call set up.
- Manage the general BGCB email account and distribute or respond to messages as appropriate.
- High school diploma required; 2 year degree or equivalent experience
- One year of office clerical experience, including the use of common office equipment
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel and the ability to learn and operate in other computer systems, donor data base system
- Strong typing/keyboarding skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, welcoming demeanor – a friendly face/voice for visitors, callers, and staff
- Ability to juggle, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability and predisposition to maintain a neat and orderly work environment
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Commitment to excellence
- Open to new ideas and willing to suggest improvements
- Open to feedback and coaching
Boys and Girls Club of Dane County is committed to employment equity. All responses will be handled with strict confidence. The Interested individuals are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, and three personal references via mail or email to:
C/o Executive and Development Assistant
1818 W. Beltline Hwy
Madison, WI 53713
Phone: (608) 257-2606
Job Type: Full-time
- Executive Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)