At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make "Life Good" – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life's Good with LG!
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill-and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking Development Engineers
to join our dynamic team in our Troy, MI as part of the Vehicle Component Company.
The successful candidate will be working on infotainment products such as Radio, Telematics, Cluster, Wireless Charger, Rear Seat Infotainment system, and Displays.
- This position involves working with internal teams to ensure customer satisfaction, managing and owning the product design for automotive products, and continuing to work on new product development.
- Support weekly meetings with customer to share the development status
- Major Issue tracking and coordination to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Be involved in various customers meeting to monitor and track the open items
- Be involved in SW issues and support engineering team in Korea to resolve issues quickly.
- Support parts reflashing and delivery activities and filed test to verify the performance of specific features.
- Coordinate and attend various communication meetings with peers and customer or other suppliers.
- Support to get SOP approval.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships.
- An Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or having similar knowledge base is required
- Full cycle product development
- Understanding basic knowledge of CAN Tools(e.g. Canoe, NeoVI and etc)
- Knowledge of OEM process and requirements and Automotive electronics
- At least 5 years experience at Automotive field as SW engineer or Project lead
- Automotive Multimedia and Telematics experience are preferred. (GM)
- Vehicle AM/FM Tuning experience are preferred.
- Firmware software development experience are preferred.
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time. (out of state and office)
- Should support late call to discuss urgent issue to team in Korea, possible to work at holiday if urgently required
- Automotive Multimedia and Telematics experience are preferred
- Strong Communication skills - Ability to express information in a manner appropriate to different levels of people clearly and effectively
- Excellent Presentation skills - Ability to confidently deliver an engaging message to a group of people which achieves the objectives
- Delivering Results - Strives to consistently achieve excellence in all tasks and goals. Results driven with high levels of initiative and pro-activity
- Problem Solving skills - Excellent problem-solving skills and be able to think quickly and adeptly about how to effectively address issues when they arise, implement effective risk mitigation plans to avoid impacting overall
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.