Pharmacy - Inpatient
This position, under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, assists in the procurement, storage, preparation, distribution, and delivery of medications and information and other pharmaceutical products to Phoenix Children's patients in a timely and accurate fashion and in accordance with established regulations and procedures. This position receives direct supervision from a Registered Pharmacist and reports directly to the Operations Manager, Pharmacy.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists in accurately preparing and selecting medications in accordance with regulations and department policy and defers to Pharmacist when appropriate. Prepares and labels pharmacy orders and verifies accuracy under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist prior to dispensing in accordance with scope of practice and department procedure.
- Assists Pharmacy Buyer to stock and maintain inventory levels of medications and supplies; restocks pharmacy areas daily and orders supplies for departmental use from Materials Management and/or designated vendors as requested.
- Completes and documents various Q/A checklists including, but not limited to, refrigerator temperature logs, hood cleaning logs, and expired medication checklists. Performs assigned activities, as assigned, that provide for the ongoing maintenance of the department's environment of care and waste control in accordance with established standards, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Enters patient billing information to patient charge record to ensure accurate and timely revenue capture and credits medications to patient profiles as required.
- Actively performs as the first line for customer service support for the Pharmacy by answering telephones and provides direct service to the Pharmacy pick-up window for hospital, nursing and medical staff and external customers. Triages calls timely to the Pharmacist as appropriate and exhibits PCH Values of excellence in clinical care, service and communications at all times. Proactively solves customer service issues independently where appropriate.
- Participates in a variety of departmental in-service programs, meetings and conferences to maintain ongoing awareness of current practices, methods and techniques and completes assignments to serve as a trainer for new staff as requested.
- Performs IV aseptic and sterile compounding per department and USP 797 Standards and non-sterile product compounding, to include cytotoxic and non-cytotoxic chemotherapy and total parenteral nutrition (TPN) products, according to regulations and department policies. Accurately completes corresponding records keeping and QA documentation. Completes the annual aseptic technique certification, in a timely manner as required, by skills validation with a qualified observer and other annual competencies by skills lab and/or examination as required.
- Pre-packages unit dose items under the supervision of a Pharmacist to ensure ongoing maintenance of ample medication supplies, checks for and investigates missing medication doses, and removes expired medications from stock, patient delivery locations and automated dispensing cabinets and carousels.
- Processes pharmacy requisitions for nursing units, clinics, and other hospital departments to ensure timely and ongoing availability of supplies. Delivers medication fill for automated dispensing cabinets and individual patient doses as ordered and directed by the Pharmacist in a timely and prescribed manner.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
The position has been closed or filled.
Please search our career site for positions that are currently active and accepting resumes at https://careers.phoenixchildrens.com
© 2018 Career Opportunities
Phoenix Children's Hospital, All Rights Reserved.
- Browse & Apply
- Featured Jobs
- Staff Spotlight
- Why PCH?
- Contact Us / Map
- PCH - Homepage
- (602) 933-5631
Phoenix Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Phoenix Children's also provides aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us.