Material Handler Job Summary
Tri-State Wholesale Flooring(TSF) is a family owned company that has seen over 20 years of explosive growth representing some of the leading manufacturers of designer flooring products. We are seeking a qualified Material Handlerwho is precise, highly detailed orientated, and finds meaning and value in working within a stable team environment. Attention to detail, patience and consistency, along with strong technical expertise will provide for a rewarding career. Additionally, the Material Handlerwill be an Ambassador of our Company Values through material handling of product to ensure timely order fulfillment of undamaged, complete orders. A strong candidate will have had success as a technical expert in past distribution warehouse roles.
- (Shipping) Ensure accurate, complete, and timely pulling, packing, staging, and loading customer orders.
- (Receiving) Ensure the accurate and timely receiving of inventory by inspecting product for damage and stocking it to bin locations.
- (Quality Control) Verify orders for quantity, item number(s), packaging standards, and product damage at each stage for receiving and shipping process.
- (Equipment) Safely and skillfully operate all equipment necessary for material handling to include forklifts, pallet jacks, and the cut machine (vinyl and carpet).
- (Systems) Ensure accuracy and timely follow-through for shipping and receiving paperwork and electronic systems standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- (Standards) Assist the Material Handling Lead in executing warehouse standards of safety, maintenance, and cleanliness.
- (Material Handling) Organize inventory to meet safety, efficiency, and inventory control standards for storage and transport.
- (Material Handling) Ensure SOPs for inventory control are followed so pallets are properly shrink wrapped, strapped and banded for storage and transport.
- (Inventory Maintenance) Assist with warehouse cycle counts, including researching and correcting discrepancies.
Education, Experience and Skills
- High School diploma or equivalent degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of material handling warehouse experience in retail, wholesale trade or similar environment.
- Clean driving record and ability to get a CDL and DOT medical card.
- Must be able to provide courteous, personal attention to promote individual customer satisfaction.
- Team player, who respectfully and courteously interacts with other team members to encourage positive results.
- Excellent attention to detail with consistent, accurate and quality work output.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize tasks to maximize productive results.
Tri-State Wholesale Flooring is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and any other characteristic protected by Law.
Job Type: Temporary
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
- material handling: 1 year (Preferred)