Our love of pets inspires the work we do each and every day. Many of us have worked with top brands for decades - forging strong connections with innovators large and small.
We love discovering a new product with that something special, and we love supporting our retail partners' needs.
Simply put, we love our jobs.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow within ASC? Explore our current openings today!
Are you passionate about pets? Want to help create a world where every pet is happy, healthy, and safe? Would you like to work for a company that cares about its employees? We want you to join our team!
We’re looking for an Night Shift Supervisor for our Schertz, TX warehouse location! The Night Shift Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all night shift departments. This includes but not limited to inventory control, online fulfillment, receiving, and maintenance. This position will require the ability to manage a team of up 100 employees.
Why should you apply?
In this exciting role, you will:
- Competitive pay
- Good health and welfare options! 401k with company match, and employer-provided life insurance
- Discounts on pet products
- Great entry level job with room for advancement
- Manage all personnel in all departments on the day shift
- Collaborate with employees to achieve shift requirements and objectives
- Manage and delegate work on a daily basis
- Ensure all employees are in compliance with guidelines to sustain a healthy and safe work environment
- Manage productivity and performance of all employees on a weekly basis
- Train and provide support to optimize employee input, productivity, and development
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Organize shift meetings to communicate and resolve all issues for all operations
- Communicate all day shift issues to night shift supervisor to achieve maximum performance
- Manage overtime and work flow on a daily basis
- Conduct in a professional manner at all times
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list; other duties may be required. These duties and responsibilities are subject to change at any time.
Do you have the following qualities?
Your education & experience should be similar to:
- Solid communication skills
- Ability to problem solve
- High sense of urgency
- Experience managing large warehouse staffs with a background in hiring, training, motivating, and resolving employee relations issues
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and associates
- Familiar with warehouse/computer software; including hand held scanners
- Ability to obtain ASC power equipment and forklift certification; training provided
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience a plus
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3+ years’ related management experience and 5+ years’ warehouse experience
- Full, basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Scheduling experience preferred
- Warehouse environment with variable temperatures/outdoor weather conditions, exposure to noise and vibrations from forklifts/other equipment; will work near moving mechanical parts, such as lifts
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The required physical abilities to perform this job:
- Continuously required to stand and/or walk; use hands to lift and pull; reach with hands and arms
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Able to hear and speak into telephone
- Close visual work on a computer terminal
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate keyboard, mouse, and other technical instruments
At Animal Supply Company, we connect passionate people, trusted brands, and committed retailed to bring pets the very best.
We provide the knowledge and support to help our partners grow. Together, we help pets live happier, healthier lives.
Because when pets thrive, the people who love and care for them do too.