When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
At AmeriGas our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
Exceptional medical, dental, and prescription benefits
401(K) with company match
Generous bonus potential
Paid time off (including holidays)
Annual performance reviews and salary increases
The Field Safety Manager (FSM) partners with employees and managers across all areas of safety in order to facilitate and improve the area’s ability to meet safety and compliance standards and promote the AmeriGas Safety Beliefs & Principles. The role of the Field Safety Manager is to co-own continuous safety improvement with the District Managers and Area Directors in order to reduce and prevent occupational injuries, vehicle incidents and liability claims.
The Field Safety Manager conducts audits, provides technical and professional training for employees, and works shoulder to shoulder with area and district employees to improve the quality and consistency of safety training, standards, communications and program implementation. The position reports directly to the Regional Safety Director (RSD) with a dotted line reporting relationship to the respective Area Director. Considerable travel required – 80% - 90%, some overnight.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Working knowledge of NFPA 54 & 58, or related codes
- Knowledge of propane, or related, systems including bulk plants, installations, regulators, piping systems, dispensers, vaporizers & compliance standards
- Aptitude for computer systems, including experience in Microsoft Windows applications
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for teaching others and ability to speak on safety topics in a group setting
- Ability to obtain a CDL with HazMat Endorsement within one year of hire
- Propane, industrial gas, or related chemical industry work experience preferred
- Associates Degree in Safety or related discipline; or a minimum of 5 years of experience within the propane industry
- P.E.R.C. - Certified Employee Training Program
- Other industry or related training desirable