Marketing Communications Specialist – hard working, hyper organized, get-it-done team player who also knows how to juggle – strategies, campaigns, budgets and timelines.
Sound like you? You’re making marketing your career. And the industry and brands you’ve worked on are definitely better for it. You owe it to those few years spent at an advertising agency, marketing firm or other similar opportunity. But you always look for ways to up your game. You’re a solid player who can work strategies, schedules and budgets. And you’re an MVP when it comes to sharing ideas and opportunities, but you’re looking to do more. So you continue to sharpen your skills reading blogs and articles on the latest marketing trends – and you’re eager to share what you find. But most importantly, you understand that you’re part of a team. And that team works best when everyone works hard, works together and keeps their eye on the goal of developing world-class marketing.
A one-of-a-kind goal. Our number one pursuit is to do what we can to champion and support the lives of Cigna customers and clients – through brilliant marketing and communications, of course. We do that by partnering with Cigna Business Units, Product and Sales Organizations and other important groups. And by working hard to make the Cigna brand, its products and services well known and loved by multiple audiences – to the point that our customers just can’t stop talking about us to everyone they know. The skills of our team are broad and deep, but never considered complete. That’s where you come in.
Your job – should the chemistry be great for both of us
It’s to be a communication expert responsible for building the messaging supporting Cigna network and medical solutions communications. You’ll collaborate with colleagues and subject matter experts in our marketing Centers of Excellence (Brand, Social, Digital, Research and Events & Sponsorships) and with our Creative Services partners to develop and execute effective marketing communication strategies. Driving all of this is your amazing ability to support the development of focused, differentiating messaging that will result in the execution of compelling campaigns. Did we mention timely, flawless and on budget? That’s a given. As is a desire to constantly improve the results of all we do.
What we want you to do (duties and responsibilities)
- Integrated Marketing Communications role that works in close partnership with the Solutions team and Business Marketing to ensure timely and flawless delivery of the communications plan.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and effective development and execution of the marketing communications plan(s), working with the senior marketing communications manager, and the marketing COEs
- Responsible for formulating strategies and tactics that convey the most effective market messaging to target audiences.
- Develops creative briefs and partners with Creative Services including obtaining production schedules and budget estimates and working with copywriters and designers
- Secures final sign-off from subject-matter experts, project owners and legal/compliance
- Develop smart project proposals, effective creative briefs and drive kickoff meetings
- Help drive effective and efficient production schedules and support established budgets
- Continually generate ideas and opportunities to innovate and improve Cigna's competitive position in marketing communications.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current communication strategies and messaging and drive change as needed to properly support the channel and our clients and customers.
- Partner with Brand to ensure consistency of voice across business advertising/communications and leverage Brand campaigns to support business goals.
What you should have to make it happen (education, experience and competencies)
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or equivalent field or work experience (agency experience a plus)
- Minimum of 3 years of client-focused experience in marketing communications or similar field
- Solid understanding of integrated marketing communications plans
- Experience analyzing market needs, developing and successfully implementing marketing communication strategies that help achieve business objectives
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to drive results by fostering collaboration, valuing other perspectives, gaining support/ buy-in, and managing conflict
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, matrix-oriented environment
- Organized and skilled in project management. Must balance high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines
- Solid creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to generate ideas that effectively leverage limited marketing funds and identify synergistic opportunities
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications as well as social networking resources
- Detail driven, multitasking, deadline master
- Creative problem solver who knows how to exercise good judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex environment
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. Need an accommodation? Email: SeeYourself@cigna.com