Koch Foods is recruiting a dynamic and experienced Complex Safety Manager in Chattanooga, TN. Koch Foods offers relocation assistance, competitive salary, many opportunities for growth, bonus potential and a robust benefit package. This person will be called to lead the safety and compliance function for the assigned plant/complex locations to assure prevention of injury, illness, and property damage. One will work to assure compliance with company and regulatory agency requirements.
*** MUST HAVE technical knowledge in OSHA regulations ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manages safety & health programs for the complex to assure prevention of injuries, illnesses, and property loss.
- Effectively manages regulatory requirements to assure prevention of citations and penalties
- Manage medical and worker’s compensation related activities for the complex
- Manages the safety program established for contractors to include:
o Assuring that appropriate documentation is collected, such as, certificate of insurance, safety training, OSHA log, etc.
o Assuring safety training is conducted and followed by all contractors
o Assuring known potential hazards are communicated, and the emergency plan is understood and followed
- Schedule and Conduct Monthly Safety training with managers and supervisors
- Schedule monthly and be the facilitator for the Executive Safety Committee, Joint Safety/Ergonomic Committee and other committees and meetings as developed
- Provide safety training outlines to supervisors so they can conduct safety training with their employees
- Revise, update, and train employees on site specific safety programs, policies, procedures, safe work practices, etc.
- Oversees and assures completion of the safety training portion of new hire orientation.
- Provides annual required safety training to new hires, existing hourly employees and supervisors
- Train new managers and supervisors on safety policies, procedures, processes and safe work practices upon hire
- Analysis and submit data for Monthly DART Rate report and other reports as needed
- Monitors and administers safety programs including but not limited to: Lock out/Tag Out, Confined Space/Ergonomic programs, Hot work/Industrial Hygiene, etc.
- Conduct monthly complex safety inspection and audit activities
- Conduct accident investigations with supervisors
- Assist complex/operations manager with regulatory inspections
- Supervisory responsibility for the Safety Technicians, EMT, and/or other medical/workers’ compensation support personnel
- Supervisory responsibility for maintaining Nurse program (safety data program) and communicating statistics as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Bachelor of Science- Environmental Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or closely related discipline
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant experience in Safety MANAGEMENT capacity
- Technical knowledge in OSHA regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of ammonia refrigeration and electrical systems
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills including the ability to correspond verbally and in writing with regulatory compliance personnel and company management and operation personnel.
- Must be able to prepare presentations and training programs and present within public speaking arenas
- Strong knowledge of regulatory requirements, OSHA, DOT, Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Proficient personal computer skills, including MS Office based word processing, spreadsheet and presentation programs
- Demonstrate leadership, supervisory skills and knowledge
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience in a Safety Management capacity within a food manufacturing company
- Certification as Safety Professional (CSP)
Job Type: Full-time
- Safety Management: 3 years (Required)
- Safety Professional (Preferred)