Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
What you will be doing
The Principal Product Manager will be the voice of the customer who manages the product through the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing requirements, assessing the competitive landscape, and making sure that the product and marketing efforts support the overall strategy and goals. This person will work on next generation metadata management platform designed for helping customers optimize how data is stored, protected, and leveraged. The product would use one or more of the latest architectural elements like scale-out deployment, microservices, containers and cloud services.
- Define product roadmap and capabilities while taking into consideration Veritas’s strategy and goals, competitive market, technical feasibility, timing and resources.
- Define detailed product requirements for products based on subject matter expertise and understanding of the market from working closely with field teams, customers and business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Engineering Leaders to prioritize requirements and develop sprint plans. Work with product and engineering teams to make decisions about complex problems.
- Develop business cases for new product development and enhancements.
- Coordinate launch, marketing, pricing, and customer support activities working with the corresponding teams.
- Act as a spokesperson for the product. Be viewed as an internal and external evangelist for your product interacting with all your constituent teams.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Communicate product status and roadmap evolution to senior management.
- Represent the company at trade shows, and alongside sales at customer visits.
- Capture and share best practice documents amongst the field and internal teams. Contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and presentations.