OUR GREATEST RESOURCE IS OUR PEOPLE!
SCHEELS associates have a passion for sports, fashion, and most importantly, providing exceptional customer service! We are driven to attract and retain the best people in sports and fashion retail that thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a desire to become a SCHEELS expert. Our associates are experts in sports apparel, fashion, footwear, hunting, fishing, golf, and sports of all kinds. Offering the most thorough and interactive training in retail, our associates have succeeded in making SCHEELS a shopping destination and world class experience for our customers. Whether you excel at sales, cashiering, buying, display, customer service, or leadership, we have a career opportunity for you!
Scheels is currently seeking a PART TIME Sports Specialist Sales Associate for our Sioux Fall, SD location. This individual will provide superior customer service and represent Scheels in a friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable manner to our customers and fellow associates.
- Provide world class customer service by smiling and greeting all customers
- Be knowledgeable to answer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise
- Set up advertising displays and arrange merchandise on tables to promote sales
- Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise
- Attend required product meetings
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate strong organization, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform basic math; perform operations using units of currency, measurements and understanding percentages
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels' policies and procedures
- With or without accommodations, be able to sit, and/or stand, for extended periods of time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete basic mathematical equations
- Able to lift or move up to 25 lbs.
Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The associate is frequently required to do the following with or without accommodations:
Education and Experience:
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Repetitive motions requiring use of both wrists and hands as well as fingers
- Able to work for extended periods of time
- Able to reach, balance, walk and crawl
- Able to hold normal conversations and receive ordinary information
Ideal candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma, or General Education Degree (GED); one to three months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. We require a schedule consisting of 1 to 2 shifts Monday through Friday and every other weekend. Average hours per week is 27 hours.
Benefits:Scheels offers a complete benefit package to include:
- Associate Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scheels complies fully with all local, state and federal employment laws and shall provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status with regard to public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity, please complete our online application and attach your resume, or stop by 2101 W 41st St, Sioux Falls, SD 57105 to complete a paper application.