What You'll Do
In this exciting role as a Virtual Service Account Manager (VSAM) you will work predominantly in a virtual capacity interacting with customers and partners via phone, video and email mediums. You'll the opportunity to collaborate cross functionally (integrated sales, inside sales, channels, delivery, operations, and partners) to build credibility, earn trust and provide a single customer facing solution and view. You will have a strong interlock relationship with the Global Customer Success Adopt and Expand team and leverage associated systems, processes and tools.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
Customer Engagement and Accountability:
- Achieve sales objectives including quota and productivity requirements and other key performance indicators as determined by sales management.
- Focuses on current customers and partners sales in an effort to consult and sell specified renewal product and service options including multi-year and coterminous service renewals.
- Supports the pursuit and closure of an annuity renewal emphasizing the value of services. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining install base data and general sales requests.
- Increase penetration through cross and up selling based on the understanding of the customers' landscape and the ability to recommend improved and complementary solutions.
- The VASM will be responsible for accurate forecasting and management of the deal through the entire lifecycle (prospecting, deal creation, close, booking, and execution). Tools such as Salesforce.com, My Deal Manager, Cisco Commerce Workspace, and Cisco Services Contract Central will be used during this process.
- The VASM will focus on renewing existing contracts.
- Interpret and utilize install base data to produce an accurate renewal list by customer and partner on a quarterly and annual basis and drives that information into the sales motions.
- Own overall communications and oversee quoting and ordering escalations.
Who You'll Work With
- You may be aligned directly to an account or deployed geographically and based on team coverage and assignment; may sell both directly and through partners.
- Aggressively engages with customers and partners on their renewal opportunities 120 days before renewal date.
- You'll spend > 50% of time in contact with customer; mainly interact with information technology, line of business, and key decision makers.
- You'll spend 25% - 50% of their time building awareness to assess customers' landscape and inventory in an effort to cross and up sell.
The CX Renewals team is one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales teams and is a talent engine for Cisco Sales with diverse and motivated teams that consistently deliver profitable growth.
We serve our customer life-cycle through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions to drive relevant business outcomes. We are a global, dynamic team that brings excitement to the sales environment every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better.
You will discover a creative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technology to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt quickly to respond to market changes and are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities
Who You Are
You've got Sales experience in the information technology industry, specifically in areas such as consulting, service delivery management, sales, and partner management, in a quota carrying position. Understand basic business mathematics, financial strategies, and performance indicators, and applies that knowledge to client's economic and buying environment. Effectively explores interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data and objective criteria to support one's proposal. You should have experience in building effective account plans and communicating them to stakeholders. A comprehensive understanding of the Cisco services portfolio, which include Advanced Services and Technical Services, are necessary to be effective in this role.
Required Experience, Skills and Alignment:
- You have 5+ years Sales experience in the information technology industry.
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Business or Communications
- You use analytical skills to interpret data and produce summaries.
- Effective customer services skills to resolve partner and customer issues.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills.
- You have a positive attitude, professional work ethic and standards.
- Strong understanding and aptitude for technology.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco