The Information Security Analyst is responsible for supporting the initiatives of the Information Security Management Program. This individual creates and implements relevant policies and procedures as applied to information security. These policies provide direction within the organization and are critical in supplying the appropriate information for independent security audits. The Information Security Analyst provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
- Assist in the development and implementation of information security policies and procedures.
- Support the HR termination process for applications, which closes out access privileges for terminated or transferred users.
o Provide guidelines that adhere to HIPAA compliance for access.
o Produce detailed activity reports under the termination process which highlight compliance activity
o Act as a liaison for application groups and end-users in supporting the termination process.
o Advise application groups and end-user departments on the termination process and the required steps
- Participate in the Disaster Recovery Program, including Disaster Recovery exercises, objectives, and writing reports for the Disaster Recovery manager.
- Contribute to the development of an Information Security Charter and an Information Security Governance program for Montefiore IT.
- Develop and compile systems security information.
o Deliver systems security information in response to internal and external audit requirements.
- Provide information security control recommendations and mitigation strategies, as part of Risk Management and Risk Analysis protocols.
- Perform other related duties as required.
EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATION:
- Information security policies and industry best practices
- Healthcare regulations & requirements
- Knowledge of Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Planning
- Knowledge of the Health Care system
Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent relevant experience
Information Security Analyst Level Certification desired (SSCP, CISA)
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: YONKERS Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 4 Executive Blvd, Yonkers
Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 141041
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.