Be a Resident Advisor and live on a university campus this summer
Since 1966 thousands of teenagers have joined Summer Discovery on pre-college enrichment programs. Our students are outstanding members of schools from around the world. They come to us to experience college life while having the balance of supervision from our resident counselors. Our resident counselors provide the students with academic, social and emotional support, supervision at activities, insights into college success and more.
Summer Discovery is looking for Resident Advisors to operate the residential life component of our programs for high school or middle school students at one of our college campus locations:
- UC Santa Barbara
- Colorado University, Boulder
- University of Texas, Austin
- University of Michigan
- Georgetown University
- University of Miami
- Johns Hopkins University
Be a Mentor
Summer Discovery resident advisors have a significant impact on each and every student and staff member present. We hire only those individuals who are selfless and devoted to making a difference in a student’s pre-college experience.
Our programs success depends on communicating to our student’s that they are welcomed and valued. We are seeking trustworthy, fun-loving individuals who encourage the values of exploration and inclusivity and are passionate about the pre-college experience. A clear head in unfamiliar situations and an ability to change responsibilities quickly is crucial.
What you can expect as a Resident Advisor
· Roundtrip Transportation
· Live and eat on campus
· Meet people from all parts of the world.
· Work harder than you ever have.
· Challenge yourself in ways you never dreamed of.
· Have one of the best, most memorable summers ever.
What we expect from our Resident Advisors
· 21 years old prior to campus arrival date
· A responsible and caring attitude with a team player mentality.
· Unselfish behaviors that put students first.
· Passion for experiential learning, travel, and working with students
· Must be eligible to work in the US
· Completed or pursuing a 4-year college or university degree
· Willingness to work unusual hours with limited time off
Please note, we conduct the following:
· DMV checks
· Criminal background checks
· Reference checks
To apply, you must complete an application on our company website: www.summerdiscovery.com/summer-jobs
Applications sent through Indeed will need to complete an application on our website
Job Types: Internship, Contract