Preferred Pharmacy Solutions, a growing and expanding pharmacy specializing in long-term care in the Haverhill area, is seeking an experienced Pharmacy Buyer.
As the primary purchaser of medications for the Department of Pharmacy, you will order stock from the wholesaler on a daily basis and maintain the department’s inventory in an organized and cost-effective manner. You would be responsible for monitoring medication room inventory, and emergency kits inventory.
- Daily wholesale ordering is performed reliably to maintain adequate supplies of essential drugs.
- Periodic direct ordering through manufacturers is performed when necessary to maintain stock or take advantage of significant product price reductions.
- Receives wholesale shipments on a daily basis and stores products when received with 95% accuracy by pharmacist check.
- Is cognizant of all Pharmacy contracts and ensures optimum compliance with those contracts.
- Keep Director informed of any changes to drug availability and status of drug shortages.
- Performs any other duties necessary to promote the smooth functioning of the Pharmacy Department and maintain adequate drug stores within the pharmacy.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings.
- Keeps Director informed of abnormal use of items.
- Responsible for adherence to budget constraints.
- Maintains adequate inventory using par levels and the forecasting tool.
- Responsible for all record keeping pertaining to purchases.
- Manages recalls, product defects and voluntary withdrawals.
- Actively supports the mission, goals and objective of the organization, department, and PPS through CQI activities.
- Willingly performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adheres to all PPS policies and procedures, safety rules, CMS standards, and any other regulatory agency.
- Communicates appropriately and effectively to support the department mission.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Active registered pharmacy technician, as per State requirements, in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification required.
- At least two years as pharmacy technician experience with buying experience required.
Job Type: Full-time