- Change Management
- Supervising Experience
- Administrative Experience
Please make sure to read the job posting in its entirety as it reflects both the University roles and responsibilities, followed by the specific description.
4445202 IT Services Business Info Sys
About the Unit
IT Services collaborates with campus partners to support the mission of the University of Chicago through the consistent delivery of high-quality solutions and services.
Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing applications, systems architecture, and network infrastructure. Ensures operation and security of all servers and networks. Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades applications and hardware for the organization's infrastructure and for end-user devices.
Career Track and Job Level
Business Systems Analysis
Acts as a liaison between the IT group and business units for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems Evaluates new applications and identifies systems requirements. Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements, and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
M3: Provides leadership to managers and professional staff. Is accountable for the performance and results of multiple related teams. Develops departmental plans, including business, operational and/or organizational priorities. Decisions are guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
The job may manage multiple related teams of managers and/or professional staff responsible for the development and implementation of new systems and enhancement of existing systems. Reviews new applications and IT developments to determine integration opportunities given evolving business and system requirements. Oversees the planning, development, and implementation of appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
1) Manages managers and professional staff. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates., 2) Collaborates with IT leadership to develop the strategy, plan communications, and service responsibilities for business systems., 3) Ensures the implementation and maintenance of collaboration systems and services for University faculty, researchers, students and staff. Represents Collaborative Services and serves as a key communication channel for the function., 4) Performs other related work as needed.
1) Effectively manage the change required to enable the successful deployment and adoption of the University’s new financial system and the associated changes in business processes, structure, staff roles and responsibilities.
2) Responsible for the overall leadership and direction of an integrated approach to stakeholder management, communications, training, system deployment and use of sustainable support structures needed to effectively drive adoption of the new system and processes.
3) Assess and Validate the Scope and Impact of the Required Change: utilize a clear methodology, review the holistic scope of this transformation project across the impacted technology and business areas; includes understanding the depth of business process change, potential issues with technology adoption and degree of effort required to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees.
4) Develop and Implement an Integrated Change Management Strategy and Plan: validate work completed to date, develop, socialize and execute against clear change management strategy and plan that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimizes resistance.
5 ) Understand the Organization, Identify and Manage ERP Project Stakeholders: quickly understand the complexity of the organization and the unique characteristics of the program’s stakeholders across the administrative and academic schools/divisions; begin to develop the relationships required to help drive the required change.
6) Support and Coach Project Leadership and Other Change Champions within the Organization: act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change champions; provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through this transition.
7) Manage Change Management Team Members: provide the overall leadership and guidance for a dedicated team of change management staff that support activities across communications, training and deployment activities for the project.
8) Develop and Track Effective System Change Adoption Metrics: institute the means for measuring, reporting and assessing change management effectiveness across the full life-cycle of the project.
9) Coordinate and Integrate Effectively With All Other Project Activities: ensure that the change management team is aware and actively contributing to all other project activities as appropriate to ensure the change impact is considered in all aspects of this system implementation.
10) Champion Innovative and Creative Ideas to Help Drive Change: integrate innovative approaches and continuous improvement ideas into all aspects of project deliverables including creative use of digital media.
11) Participate in the stakeholder assessment.
12) Assist in the development of the overall communication strategy and plan.
13) Complete the training strategy.
14) Lead the development of the change management plan that will be utilized during both the pre-implementation services and into the ERP implementation.
1) Work with Finance/Accounting professionals.
2) Working knowledge of best practices for design, build, testing, and deployment of all functional and technical layers of financial systems.
3) Knowledge of developing best practices training strategy.
4) Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short-and long-range goals related to change management, to organize and establish priorities, and to manage, motivate and work with technical and non-technical resources.
1) Standard office environment.
1) Sit for short or extended time periods.
2) Stand for short or extended time periods.
3) Extensively use computer.
4) Make repetitive wrist, hand, or finger movements.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
1) Minimum seven years of experience in a change management role and/or experience serving in a leadership role as an executive sponsor or steering committee member for large ERP implementations and post-production support functions.
2) Minimum two years of supervisory experience.
3) Change manager or manager of ERP Financial Systems using a formal software life-cycle development methodology.
4) Administering change management for large ERP implementations leveraging standards-based methodology and industry leading practices.
5) Providing change management for transformation projects involving a wide range of business units.
6) Leading change management for a full ERP implementation at a Research 1 institution.
7) Minimum three years of experience implementing financial software using current best practice methodologies and tools.
8) Experience in higher education with administrative systems, data and business processes.
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Drug Test Required
Health Screen Required
Motor Vehicle Record Inquiry Required
Remove from Posting On or Before