Blackfin Real Estate Investors is seeking an Accounting Associate to join our growing team. Reporting directly to our Accounting Manager, the Accounting Associate will primarily assist with maintaining all facets of general ledger accounts, financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and business transactions of the organization.
- Assist accounting manager in preparation of monthly construction draws, account analysis, and financial statement preparation
- Assist with general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, deferred rent, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and accounts receivables.
- Prepare and process lien waivers, W-9’s and Certificate of Insurance as a part of the AP process
- Perform the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Maintain vendor information and respond to vendor’s payable inquiries.
- Manage employee expense submission and reimbursement process.
- Review data to ensure that proper procedures are being followed.
- Produce weekly AP and AR report for Accounting Manager and PMs
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations.
- Perform other duties and assist with projects as assigned and required by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Construction accounting experience preferred with a minimum of 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks and Microsoft Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in accounting or real estate related
- Attention to detail and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
Blackfin Real Estate Investors, LLC is a Virginia based multi‐_family investment platform founded in 2016 by Andrew Buchanan and Doug Root, former Kettler and Greystar executives, respectively, with over 35 years of experience in the multifamily industry. Since its inception, Blackfin has acquired over 4,000 units across 12 assets in its target markets including Boston, Metropolitan Washington, North Carolina and Virginia Beach. Iron Fish Construction, a Blackfin affiliate, is a general contractor focused on all facets of multifamily renovations for Blackfin and third party owners.
Blackfin and Iron Fish Construction are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on any basis. We strive to create a meritocracy where all employees can meaningfully contribute, develop and thrive.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- quickbooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Are you willing to take a 30-mins accounting test during on-site interview?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Invoice processing
- Data entry
- Account reconciliation
- Running errands (bank deposits, etc.)