OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
Headquartered in Henderson, Nevada, ProCaps Laboratories a leading provider of additive-free vitamin supplements is looking for a Director of Procurement. You’ll be responsible for directing the company’s sourcing objectives with the procurement of cost-effective high-quality materials, equipment, supplies, and services in a timely manner to produce premium finished products. Additional duties will include acquiring the highest quality raw ingredients for our products and at the best possible price.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Operations Management or a related field is required
- Minimum 10 years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment for nutraceutical and natural products
- Knowledge of industry suppliers, products, and manufacturing capabilities are required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiating/contracting skills
- Capability to re-adjust and re-prioritize goals to meet the ever-changing demands of the projects at hand
- Tenacious attitude and a strong will to execute and get the job done
- Working knowledge of computers and aptitude to learn new programs
- Proficient in MS Office and MRP software
OTHER ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Oversight of department’s corporate meeting involvement
o Department Administration:
Accomplish department goals by managing staff, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring progress
Generate protocols and ensure adherence; devise plan for future action
Provide effective leadership and direct the work of subordinates; carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the corporate policies and applicable laws
o Contribute to and support the corporate quality initiatives by planning, communicating and encouraging team and individual contributions toward quality-improvement efforts
o Understand and communicate market factors affecting price and availability of essential materials to CEO and CFO
o Initiate and manage supply agreements where indicated
o Oversee the sourcing of all materials, equipment, supplies and services to all areas of the company
o Responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope. Evaluating, motivating, and coaching staff, vendors/ suppliers using clear performance measures.
o Contribute to and support the corporation’s quality initiatives by planning, communicating, and encouraging team and individual contributions toward the corporation’s quality improvement efforts
o Direct, develop and maintain all vendor relationships. Ensure new accounts are created consistent with Accounting Department requirements.
o Work with Quality Control Department to assure vendor compliance with ProCaps specifications. Ensure returns are processed in a compliant manner.
o Manage and review all purchases and contract negotiations completed by the Purchasing team
o Contribute to a working environment that allows all employees equal opportunities for development, growth, and advancement
o Provide effective leadership and directs the work of subordinates
* Ad- Hoc Projects:
o Assist CEO on various projects, as assigned
- Contributes to a working environment that allows all employees the opportunity for development, growth, and advancement. Conducts business in compliance with the corporation’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
- Duties are performed primarily in a smoke-free environment
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
ProCaps Laboratories provides competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance along with a 401K program.
Founded in 1979 by Andrew Lessman, ProCaps Laboratories has long been dedicated to enhancing health and well-being by providing uniquely highest dietary supplements.
For over 40 years, ProCaps Laboratories has led the industry in research, development, and innovation, continuously advancing product formulations based on cutting-edge nutritional science and progressing technology. This unique company remains one of the few that actually develops and manufactures each of its products in a state-of-the-art, 100% solar powered eco-friendly, award-winning facility.
Today, Andrew Lessman remains the sole owner of the company and carries his vision through the core values of the corporation: to enhance health naturally by sustaining and ethically creating safe, pure, and effective nutritional supplements in an environmentally responsible way.
For more information about the company, visit:
- The Andrew Lessman brand store on Amazon.com
- Andrew Lessman on HSN.com (Home Shopping Network)
ProCaps Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Depending on the volume of interests and submissions, we will only be contacting applicants who meet all of the minimum requirements listed in the job description. Only those applicants who align most closely with our minimum and preferred qualifications will be contacted for an interview. ProCaps Laboratories will retain your application materials for one year and may contact you regarding future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
- procurement: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative